Capability for work form ?

I have a Capability for Work form to fill in and return. I think it`s the annual update on my condition.

Should I mention I am a full time carer for my partner or just stick to my condition and answer the questions only.

I understand I have to return the form or lose my Benefits. There is no way I could go to work if they decide I have to, as I look after my partner 24/7. She is diagnosed with Dementia. Unless there is another way around this situation.

Not sure how to deal with this. Should I be worried ?

I`m PPMS and like most people I have good days and bad days with it.

it would be right and fair for you to continue to care for your partner without losing benefits.

i hope the DWP see it this way too.

if they don’t agree, will they be prepared to give you a carer or not.

good luck

carole x

1 Like

My logic, which could be wrong would be that the form is purely about your physical ability to work. If for any reason they deamed you ‘fit to work’, it would be a different point that your wife is dependent on you.

maybe a visit (or phone call. I asum going out is an issue with your wife’s health). To the CAB.

1 Like

Hi scudger I feel for you have a word with the welfare rights team at your council they will help you with all this .

1 Like

I would definitely not mention being a full time carer for your partner -

the assessors could well take the view that if you’re physically able to care for someone then you are able to work.

1 Like