Botox injections

Hi, was wondering if anyone has been or had Botox injections in their legs to help with spasms. I have ppms and am just on Baclofen but my physio suggested it might be worth giving it a go. Any comments would be gratefully received

polly x

Hi Poll, I did have 8 jabs in each leg for foot pains. They said they dont inject feet.

But oh my! Did it hurt? Yeh, it chuffin` did!

And it gave me no relief for feet.

polx

Thanks pol. Can I just say I love your posts as you come across with really good info on lots of topics and you seem like fun as well.

polly x

Thanks pol. Can I just say I love your posts as you come across with really good info on lots of topics and you seem like fun as well.

polly x

Sorry think I pressed it twice by mistake

Hi Polly

I have botox injected into spastic muscles in left leg .

I get this done every 3/12 and it works very well to turn off the spasticity in affected muscles.

This too was suggested to me by a physio and along with drugs has been one of the best things I use to help manage my ms…

For me there is very little discomfort involved when injecting and by about the 10th week it is wearing off…

Do hope this is of some help.I am also PPMS.

Very Best

Catherine (Boojum)

Thanks Boojum, think I will definitely press for it. What drugs are you on? I just take Baclofen.

Polly x

Aw shucks Poll, thanks for saying such nice stuff. It does make me feel I have a purpose here!!!

pollx

Hi Polly,

I also was taking Baclofen but it was changed to Tizanidine.

Boojum x

Boojum, did Baclofen not work for you ? Because I am finding it doesn’t do what I thought it would for me.

polly x

Hi Polly

Yes, there seemed to be little ‘affect’ with this drug. Tizanidine works well for me , although tiredness is a side effect which I have to manage.