Botox injection

Hi all, So I’m going in on Friday for Botox injected into bladder, this is my 4th 1, I had a covid test yesterday to make sure I’m ok, so long as that’s ok, "no reason to think it won’t be " I go on Friday to a PVT hospital in Huddersfield, I should have had this done in April and I’m thankful to be having it done now.

Jean x

Good luck with it Jean. Are you going to a private hospital?

Boudsx

Hi Poll, yes its the pvt hospital in Birkby…spoke with the nurse who told me I’ll have my own room. I only have local anaesthetic, as the 1st time I had this done a few ago now, I had general and when I came around I could move from teh waist down, all my lower body had gone into spasm, the consultant said he’d never seen anything like it, he said it looked like I was made out of stone, my legs were that stiff, so since then I have local.

Jean x

So had Botox done yesterday at PVT hospital…can’t say the treatment was any better than what I usually get at NHS hospital…infact I think they were more loath to help me than at the NHS 1, maybe it was because I wasn’t paying for it…having said that the staff were perfectly nice, apart from 1 who helped me from wheelchair to a seat and said after me using a stick and her holding me and only taking 3 steps… “oh I don’t think your as bad as you think” that made my blood boil…so I said something to her superior who said " I think she was just trying to make you feel better…guess what she didn’t.

Jean x

Glad it`s done now Jean. I was offered botox for my bladder, as there was a time when I kept by passing my catheter. Do you have it done to calm your bladder? You dont have a catheter do you?

I take betimga to calm my bladder. When I go for no 2, it wlays spasms and I by pass then. But as it is into the loo, I dont mind.

Boudsx

Yes I do have to self catheter, but I don’t mind because it’s either having Botox and doing the catheter, or peeing between 16/18 times in a 24 hour period…no contest, it calms the bladder down.

Jean x

Have you ever thought about having an SPC?

Boudsx

Forgiver my ignorance…what’s a SPC ?

Jean x

supra pubic catheter…I`ve had mine for around 8 years. It is a tube that goes into your bladder just above the pubis. It constantly drains into a bag attached to me. As I am a full time wheelchair user, I carry the bag in a cloth bag on my chair arm…no problem at all with that method. Nurse comes every 4 weeks to change the catheter.

I tried a bag attached to my leg…hated it.

It is 95% effective. I wouldnt want to do without it.

Boudsx

Hi Poll, well I don’t think that’s something I need at the moment…but who knows in the future.

Jean x

1 Like