bluebadge

I never received a letter reminding me i needed to renew my blue badge however noticed it had run out last week when i rang about renewing it i was told i would have to wait to receive my renewal letter they were then going to send to me and i would have to post it back and wait for it to be processed then they would post my new one back to me. Its now been 8 days and i haven’t received it back as of yet. i have not been able to go out in this time as need it to park close to the places i need to go food shopping for instance. Has anybody else had this problem.

Jenny x

Hi Jenny

Please get back in contact with the LA that issues your blue badge and explain your situation. They should be able to send out your renewal quite quickly, Tell them you are stuck at home until you get it!

I lost my blue badge recently and they sent me a replacement straight away.

My Local Authority is Milton Keynes.

Good luck Jenny!

xxx

When you ring a local authority the person you speak to is usually working from a procedures script. Those procedures are to make their lives easy it doesn’t mean that you have to comply. If your badge had already run out their system is not working - you should get a renewal letter in good time so that you are never left without a badge. Ring again and refuse to accept the “wait for your letter” scenario. Point out that you have waited - you now want a form emailing or a link to a downloadable one and you want a comitment from them to process the application quickly. If the person that you speak to is not able to do this ask to speak to a manager (they might have to call you back) Make a nuisence of yourself.

My local authority are supposed to send out renewal letters but I’ve never had one I always have to sort it myself.

Jane

Hi, Im always a bit previous when things are due to run out....so I contact them first....sorry to sound efficient...not always tho.

Maybe you should ring to check it`s been sent, eh?

luv POllx

Thanks for you all your advice. i have spoken to the council today they have me down as this being my first application not a renewal even though this is my 4th badge had one for 9 years now and that i have and end date for my DLA even though i am on it “indefinatly” as i don’t think my ms is ever going to go unless they know something i don’t!!!

Oh and i know i’m getting older i was 40 in june but they have me down as being born in 1871 that would make me 140.

Asked to speak to supervisor given her old the details and was told to leave it with her she will get back to me but might get to tomorrow now.

Sorry to rant but not happy stuck in for forseable future it would seem.

jenny xx

Thanks for you all your advice. i have spoken to the council today they have me down as this being my first application not a renewal even though this is my 4th badge had one for 9 years now and that i have and end date for my DLA even though i am on it “indefinatly” as i don’t think my ms is ever going to go unless they know something i don’t!!!

Oh and i know i’m getting older i was 40 in june but they have me down as being born in 1871 that would make me 140.

Asked to speak to supervisor given her old the details and was told to leave it with her she will get back to me but might get to tomorrow now.

Sorry to rant but not happy stuck in for forseable future it would seem.

jenny xx