Bl**dy hell - good and bad news

Saw neuro on Tuesday, and all scans, VEP, blood tests have come back clear. Which is all very good news. Shes not writing me off however. I now have more tests to go, had yet more blood tests, and shes changing my meds a little (kind of putting up one med and down another med). So I guess I am lucky eh?

I dont feel lucky though as today my Dad died. My wonderful wonderful Dad who has been there for all four of his children through thick and thin. He worked so hard all his life to make sure we all had everything we ever needed. And he was married to my wonderful Mum for 50 years. At least my Dad passed on knowing that my tests were clear, as he was so worried about me.

Why does life do this to us? I know how lucky I am to get to 48 and have both parents, and that so far all my tests have pointed to me not having a demylinating illness. But I just do not feel lucky today.

Paula xx

Paula, good news about your tests being clear.

I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Dad when I was 32 and nearly lost my Mum at New Year.

Losing a parent can be so hard to handle.

Thinking of you.

Jacqui xx

I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Dad when I was 32 and nearly lost my Mum at New Year.

Thinking of you.

Jacqui xx

Thinking of you.

Jacqui xx

Paula Really good news about your tests being clear. However, I am so sorry about your Dad - you must be really upset. Thinking of you, Teresa xx

Paula, glad to hear your tests are clear but they are still trying to find out what is causing all your problems. So sorry to hear about your dad. My dad died two days before my diagnosis in June, it is an emotional time without all the worries of follow up tests. Will be thinking of you. Mish x

Thinking of you Paula. xx

jan

Paula,

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad.

Look back at the fond memories you have of him to get you through this tough time.

My dad died when i was 7 - i don’t have these memories - i mourn the loss still now but my memories are minimal. Take care and allow yourself to grieve.

Sending you a much needed ((hug))

Best wishes

Teresa.x

Hello and I am sorry to hear your bad news but great about the good.

I am so glad for you that your dad heard the good news before he died,and that you all have a load of great memories of a good happy life lived together.

Take care of yourself through this difficult time,and make use of this cyber armies very broad shoulders whenever you need us.

Pip

So sorry about your dad Paula. Also sorry that you didn’t get any answers at your appointment :frowning: Hang in there. Karen x

Paula I’m so sorry about your dad. Xxx

Good news your results are clear but sorry that still leaves you in limbo.

But more importantly I’m sorry to hear about your dad - I hope it was peaceful at least for him. It must be such a difficult time for you. Nothing will replace the void he’s created but you have all those lovely memories which none can take.

Be kind to yourself and take it easy. Grief and loss are all things that can make your health worse. Here any time you need a chat.

Thinking of you

Reemz

X

So sorry to hear about your dad. Thinking of you. Chis

Hi Paula

So sorry to hear about your Dad, sending you some

(((((((((hugs)))))))))))), thinking of you.

Pam x

thinking of you in this really hard time x

Aw, shizer, so so sorry about your dad. Dad’s like yours (and mine) are precious. A hard time for you. Big hugs,

Dxx

Oh paula I am so sorry… I lost my dad last year, I was 41, he was 72. It’s so horrile isn;t it

All my tests have been clear too - so frustrating!!

I just want you to know you’re not alone!! Thinking of you xx

Thank you all very much.

I keep thinking that at least my Dad knew my tests were clear as he was so worried about me. No comfort though. So much to do over the next week or so. So weird going to my Mum and Dads house (where I was born) and him not being there. Can’t get my head round it. He went into hospital with a chest infection two weeks ago and never came out. So sad. My Mum is devastated and its so hard to witness her grief and be strong for her.

Pxxx

I’m so sorry to hear this Paula, I have said a prayer for you and sending you ((big hugs)) xx

Thank you all so very much

I know you are all dealing with your own problems and for you all to think of me is amazing.

Pxxx