Back from neuro second opinion

It’s a difficult situation to be in. My MRI had non-specific sub-cortical lesions which aren’t classic of MS so they say essentially normal (others may argue lesions on a patient with neuro symptoms is not normal even if they’re not where you’d expect). My examination by the first neuro’s reg showed reduced pin prick glove and stocking formation but otherwise normal. So small signs or essentially normal as they like to put it. But I have had a few epsidoes of symptoms (though mild compared to what some people go through).

My first neuro believed me but didn’t listen because I’m mild and didn’t help with the symptoms - it made me lose faith which is what prompted me to go for the second opinion. I was dreading it as I didn’t want to be dissmissed and am very glad I wasn’t.

What I would say to you if you’re not making headway is to seek a second opinion. I don’t know your history or symptoms but if you’re still having problems and are not getting any support or logical explanations from your neuro this is your best bet. It is time consuming starting again but if you find a good neuro then its worth its weight in gold. The other option is to find someone you like to see and see if they do private clinics if you can afford. You can always pay for a first private consultation and then asked to be transferred to their NHS practice. It’s not ideal but if my second neuro had have been bad it would have been my next step.

Also what do your ophthalmologist think has happened with your eye? Is it ON or something else?

Keep fighting. You know whats normal for your body and if you’re not getting the help you need you have to push.

Good luck

Reemz

X

Thank you Jen & Sam for your messages :slight_smile:

Reemz

X