Arm pain

I don’t know if this is a symptom or just one of those things. I have pain in my Left arm like nerve pain when I move my arm. I notice it much more when I am in bed because I usually sleep on my arm (IYSWIM). I have had this pain on and off for years in both arms sometimes but this is much worse and not just when I move it.

It feels heavy just being there and get shooting pains down my arm intermittently. It also aches when I try to use it. It has been like this for a while now. (4 weeks +)

Is it just a trapped nerve or can this be a symptom of MS? (have an appt with neuro & MS nurse in Dec when I think I will get a ‘probable’ diagnosis).

nette x

Hi Nette :slight_smile:

I guess it could be either - I know, not very helpful! Have you seen a physio? They would probably be the best person to work it out.

Definitely tell the neuro & MS nurse when you see them - hopefully they can work it out, and suggest meds to help with the pain. If they don’t mention meds, make sure to say to the neuro, “When you write to my GP, please could you advise him/her which meds to prescribe for…” and then add on whatever symptoms you need help with.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Karen x