Anyone else watch Borgen? (BBC4 Sat night)

Hi gang, anyone else watch this Danish political drama series… BBC4 on Saturday night… not everyone’s cup of tea perhaps but I have to admit to loving it.

Anyway I think it’s got an MS storyline coming.

Last episode Birgitte Nyborg dropped a box and said that sometimes her fingers go numb… and then a bit later when her British boyfriend has cooked rissotto for her, she is shaking her hand and wiggling her fingers…

I thought it was me being MS obsessed but just spoke to my sister and she said ‘do you think Birgitte is going to have MS?’

And it is Denmark… high levels of MS…

Just thought I’d mention it… LOL… nothing else to say so you can see what sort of day I’m having!

Pat x

Am I really the only one who watches obscure political dramas from Denmark?

Pat x (LOL)

Hadn’t seen it Pat…will look out for it and put it on record. Love dramas …wherever they are from! Nina x

Didn’t watch it Pat…Saturday is football! much to my hubby’s annoyance lol

Pam x

Hi, I watch Borgen and love it, guess what you are NOT alone muchM

If anyone talks to me when Borgen is on I shout shut up, I have to listen! What I actually mean is shut the hell up I have to read and try and watch what’s going on AND translate it all to my brain!! When they speak English it’s wonderful BUT when the background that the speach is on is white, I have a hellish time trying to read it! Sorry for ranting on, I don’t know anyone who watches it, WE ARE SIMPLY THE club. M

Sorry to rant on again, it will be interesting to see what they make of the her hand thing. I think she is wonderful and what a great examle for independant females, I’m glad you were having a ‘slow’ day yesterday. I wish you a better day today Pat, double episodes as wellM

This sounds intriguing - I’ll look out for it! Poor woman, if it turns out to be MS! Hope you’re all doing well gang! Teresa xx

Like Teresa, I’m intrigued too… I’ll check out the iplayer later :wink:

Sonia x

It’s the 2nd series. She was prime minister of Denmark but lost an election and is now in process of setting up a new party. Agree M. Fab to see a strong woman character & who would have thought that Danish politics could be so fascinating? Pat xxx extra x’s as no smileys!

Ah, I’ll keep my eye out as we’ve got BT vision so always have a TV programme library type thingy :wink:

Sonia xx

Yeah give it a go. A friend on twitter with ms says she has read that next episode Birgitte goes to see a doctor. We both feel an ms story coming on… Pat x

If it proves to be MS, I wonder if they’ll portray it realistically? Teresa xx

Yep I am obbsessed to, I thought MS sympton as well. I like it but am missing the Montolbano the italian series that was on before this new show started

Looks great but for some reason I find subtitles really really exhausting…any one else have this problem? Used to be an avid reader but now I get so muddled up …by the end of a page I’m totally drained…fine with the TV …thank goodness. Do so miss getting “lost” in a good novel. Nina x

[quote=“hoppity”]

Yep I am obbsessed to, I thought MS sympton as well. I like it but am missing the Montolbano the italian series that was on before this new show started

[/quote] Oh I love Montalbano too! Both the young &the old! Best thing is the food and the scenery… It’s like being on holiday… We’ll except for gruesome murders… Lol… Pat x

[quote=“hoppity”]

[/quote] Oh I love Montalbano too! Both the young &the old! Best thing is the food and the scenery… It’s like being on holiday… We’ll except for gruesome murders… Lol… Pat x

[quote=“hoppity”]

[quote=“hoppity”]

OMG… So sorry… On the new iPad … Xxxx