Anyone else watch Borgen? (BBC4 Sat night)

Pat, you’re doing a great job, angry birds is my limit, I pass it back to my husband then cos I can’t even switch it off! :smiley: Oh, and I don’t use the smileys or my posts all disappear for approval :wink:

The one time someone had MS on Holby, I spotted it a mile off! not cos I’m an expert but I was reading up loads (it was not long after Dx)

Borgen not on our BT thingy yet, I will watch out for it the :slight_smile:

Sonia x

Sonia …I can’t do smileys on here either…thought it was me…can do them on everything else …just not here. Nina x

Nina,

That’s why I do old school versions :wink: I can put them in but my post never seems to appear :frowning:

Hey ho :slight_smile:

Sonia x

Hi guys, Borgen tonight … for all non smiley peoplehope you have a great weekendM

Can’t wait… Esp as Birgette goes to doctor tonight about her numb fingers! If it’s anything like most telly MS she’ll have an instant dx. Lol… Don’t have smileys on the new iPad M so you will just have to imagine them. Love Pat xxx

Keep us posted Pat! Teresa xx

Hi

Another huge Borgen fan here - I love it…and so great (as in all the Scandinavian dramas) to see so many strong women characters. By the way it’s the third series not the second. And this is definitely the final series. Haven’t seen tonight’s episodes yet as only just caught up with last week’s - it will be interesting to see how the MS-like symptoms pan out.

I like Inspector Montalbano too but it’s not a patch on Borgen - the storylines are bonkers but love the scenery and the celebration of Italian food. Was in Italy myself last weekend - Rome not Sicily though - very handy having friends who live in Italy!

Ciao!

Hilary

Thanks, I’ll start watching that. And I have the benefit of understsnding Danish.

Hi Hilary, it’s great isn’t it. I love the strong women characters. I’ve read that the Danish government funds some of this drama but with conditions… They have to have women in leading roles, some women have to be older (hence the fab journalist Hann… I think her name is) and have they have to reflect life in modern Denmark. I hear they are also making a new series of The Bridge which I loved too. I won’t comment on last night’s episode and spoil it for you… But beware of other posts! Pat x

Hi Pat

Yes I loved The Bridge too especially the Swedish woman detective with Asperger’s. I also liked The Killing, though only watched series Three, and Wallander, and there was another brilliant Swedish cop drama with a group of detectives but I can’t remember what it was called. Watched one of last night’s Borgen episodes but too tired to watch the second - you have to concentrate don’t you when there’s subtitles. Must sleep now as need to leave early for work tomorrow.

Goodnight

Hilary

So, not everything is MS! I didn’t realise that breast cancer can have numb fingers as a sign boy do we live and learnTake care folks, be safe much M

Hi M, I know… Had no idea breast cancer could have those symptoms. I think loads of people thought it was going to be MS! I wonder if the program makers set it up like that. Did you watch the first episode of a Swedish drama last night ‘Don’t Ever Wipe Tears Without Gloves’? It’s set in the 80’s about the AIDS crises in the gay community. Very sad but so beautifully done and very worth watching if you missed it. Hope you’re doing well hon, Pat x

Yes, I’m also a fan of all of the above! It has been great over the last few months having something like Montalbano, Borgen etc to record and then watch later in the week.

B x

Oh God what a brilliant ending! What the hell are us fans going to do on Saturday night now…oh hang on… A little bird tells me that a new series of THE BRIDGE is starting Saturday Jan 5th! If you missed the last series I can tell you that you’re in for a treat. Danish crime drama at its best. Hooray for Danish television! Pat x

Wow I loved it …what is the bridge? I will be there I even miss the start off Match of the Day for my subtitle fix