another gig!

its its a ballroom blitz!

Yeah, it’s a ballroom blitz!

Glam by association.

Nice one

M

I am a lover of rock music and love live gigs. I am 50 and am told I should listen to slower stuff. hell no, I love this so called music and have listened it for years.I can be taken back in time, forget I have MS for a while and enjoy shouting,cheering and just enjoying myself. I have recently seen AC/DC,The Script,ELO,Status Quo,Bryan Adams,and that’s just a few. Free carers tickets mean I can enjoy the music without it been too expensive.

1 Like

smartie it’s fantastic being able to ring your pals and ask if they’d like a free ticket to a gig. sort of makes it up to them for me being so out of it much of the time. 50 is young! i turn 60 in october and have booked tickets to see hawkwind in rebellion! the important thing is the venue, manchester arena is quite awful for my balance. hawkwind are playing at the lowry which is much more civilised. enjoy, rock on!

I have booked Rock The Park in Wrexham, a whole day long of some of the best tribute bands in the business, can’t wait!! xx

Hawkwind sounds awesome. See most concerts at Manchester Arena, but have been on 2nd tier and that made me feel wiered… 60 is also young, you are as old as you feel. You are right the Lowry is much more civilised but does not have the rebellious attitude which I love.

I am seeing a local band on Friday called Massive Wagons, they are cool and have been gigging for years and have now been signed.Check them out.

Rock on

Smartie

Sounds great.

Rock on xx

the arena made me feel like i had vertigo even before i had ms.

anarchy is a state of mind!

Oh The Clash & Sex Pistols & Ferocious Dog, awesome xx

Definitely, I’m Sick, not dead!!! xxx

Nevermind the Bll)ks - one of the best albums ever.

Going to see U2 in Belfast in November “innocence & experience tour” - son was at Iron Maiden in Belfast last night…

Simple Minds are great live as well.

Jimmy Eat World - anyone?

The memory has definitely gone haywire.

completely forgot about two Mark Morriss (Bluetones front man) concerts. The first one, bizarrely enough, was in my mates’ conservatory. Mark has this “Pledge Me” arrangement where if you pay him an agreed amount of cash, he will play a concert at an intimate venue of your choice. My mate Rob organised a whip round and before you know it, Mark and his acoustic guitar were belting out tunes in Rob’s house to an audience of 40. Great show and great banter from Mark. Then we saw Mark again at a much bigger venue - 200 people- again great concert and great banter.

derek

Saw the Proclaimers last night. I had to roll 500 yards and then had to roll 500 more to get to my seat. Sorry, just had to say that. They were very good and belted out all the usual standards.

2 Likes