Amantadine

Hi All

Just wanted to see what peoples experience of amantadine were .

I have just started on it and wanted to know about side effects ( vivid dreams , insomnia etc ) and

if they lessen in time .

Hoping it helps with fatigue

Thank You in advance

Claire x

Claire

Had been on Amantadine for 4 months and it helped a little but faded arround 2, just got changed to Modafili and wow is an undersatement !!! one extreme to another. From somebody who found it hard to stay awake I was up till 4 this morning !!!. Day 2 - today i have only taken half a tablet. and all is going well. Had no side effects at all from Amantadine to answer your question.

Daniel

Claire

Had been on Amantadine for 4 months and it helped a little but faded arround 2, just got changed to Modafili and wow is an undersatement !!! one extreme to another. From somebody who found it hard to stay awake I was up till 4 this morning !!!. Day 2 - today i have only taken half a tablet. and all is going well. Had no side effects at all from Amantadine to answer your question.

Daniel

I’ve just stopped taking Amantadine after four weeks. It really helped my fatigue but made constipation much worse. Had to take a load of Movicol. Windy city!

Might try again and persevere.