Alternative to motorbike??

I’ve just seen something interesting. As a long-term biker now having problems with balance, one has to look for alternatives…

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/spyder/spyder-f3.html

I’m thinking that rolling up to Sherburn (legendary bikers cafe near York) on one of these would be a real talking point. Mad as a box of frogs. Appeals no end. Not exactly cheap as chips, but it would mean I can carry on doing my thing for a bit longer. What do other bikers think?

Fracastorius (Jane)

see them almost daily over here in western canada

Nice I’m hoping for a Harley Trike for Christmas (if I’m a good boy )

That looks absolutely amazing! I am 20 odd years into this MS journey so can no longer use my right arm or legs but if I’d seen this 10 or 15 years ago,wow.

cool as “+=” but js dont have spare 20,000 k, if only.

juju., stay safe dude,

1 Like

This looks a tasty tool; unfortunately I’m confined to a W/C (that’s a wheelchair not a toilet) but there are bikes that will even accommodate these like http://www.nippi.co.uk/ no where near as good as yours and do not like the single wheel in front; these cost about 9K.

I can’t see these giving any street cred; the things we give up because of MS!

George

For anyone wanting a really cool disability type scooter. The TGA Supersport is the Harley of the scooters. 3 wheeled - very sturdy and reliable. l have a Tramper -but it not so cool looking as the Super Sport. And with 3 big wheels you can turn easier - as your back wheels do not get stuck in the same muddy rut as the front. l use mine for going cross-country - its almost all-terrain.

I disagree, George. If anything, turning up on something like that would emphasise that you refuse to give up the biker thing without a fight! This damn disease wants enough from us already and there are certain things where a Line Has To Be Drawn. If anything, it could get more respect and ‘cred’ from fully-functional bikers, that you’re still you underneath all the crappy health problems and still Doin’ Your Thing, even if it’s not quite the way you used to do it. I haven’t seen anyone being looked down on because of riding something like that - just respect and a hint of admiration from other bikers. The Can-Am is still blinkin’ expensive though, and probably not within my price range at the moment, but certainly something to think about!

1 Like

Hi Jane i run a group on facebook we promote all the Ms Societysupport groups as and where we can we have a lady biker whe rides 1 as well as Harley riders sportsbike scooters trikers and even non-bikers and ms’rs who are supporters pop along join the group its free and it gets bikers helping each other in this world we call MS you would and any friends be totally welcome respect sheep

Bikers With MS Bikers With MS (FUMS) | Facebook

[quote=Fracastorius]

I disagree, George. If anything, turning up on something like that would emphasise that you refuse to give up the biker thing without a fight! This damn disease wants enough from us already and there are certain things where a Line Has To Be Drawn. If anything, it could get more respect and ‘cred’ from fully-functional bikers, that you’re still you underneath all the crappy health problems and still Doin’ Your Thing, even if it’s not quite the way you used to do it. I haven’t seen anyone being looked down on because of riding something like that - just respect and a hint of admiration from other bikers. The Can-Am is still blinkin’ expensive though, and probably not within my price range at the moment, but certainly something to think about!

[/quote

Yes your right I suppose even at my age I want a Kawasaki; still never mind.

George