Ain't it comical ?

the more disabled I become , the more sportier I seem to have to dress ?? , I was just thinking yesterday that on one of my quite rare outings , I’d got my base ball cap , shades ,T shirt , jogging bottoms , trainer shoes with velcro fasteners , and then the reality !!! picked up my walking stick , got in the car with my mobility scooter on tow , and the great occasion of the outing ?? a trip to the bl**dy dentist

I hope it’s ok to laugh I sure do need one. I know what you mean though, I’m looking at all that sporty type gear…it looks comfy

I hope it went well at the dentist?

xx

Hi, my social calendar is busy with medical appointments too!

Except for trips to the dentist…mine visits me at home as I cant get into his old building, with lots of steps.

Recently he was supooed to call at 5pm. But he was delayed and I couldnt wait up any longer so went to bed.

He arrivd at 6.50pm!!! He had to examine my teeth with the use of my bedside spot light and I told him to be quick, as Emmerdale as on soon!

He declared my teeth an gums in A1 condition!

pollx

I know what you mean!

I used to hate jeans, and hate walking boots or trainers. Now I can’t wear anything else! I have a real footwear problem, thanks to foot pain. Trainers and walking boots are just about the only things I can still walk in - both of which look all wrong with a dress, skirt, or smart suit. Hence I’m forever in jeans.

I’m actually wearing a mini skirt today, but (a) it’s denim, and (b) it’s only because I’m not leaving the house, so needn’t worry about the footwear problem - i.e. a yard of bare leg, terminating in a great clodhopping boot!

I actually worry about what would happen if I ever did have what passes for a social life, because I don’t feel able to wear anything smart. If I got invited to a wedding, or even a smart restaurant, I wouldn’t know what to do about my footwear. Friends have only half-jokingly suggested a maxi dress that sweeps the ground, concealing the fact that under it, I’m wearing…trainers!

I used to be so style conscious. Not fashion-conscious, especially, which is different, but I used to have my own unique style, with a lot of attention to detail. I detested “sporty” or “casual”. Now they’re all I’m left with. :frowning:

Tina

x

I’ve never been a trainer girl except when I used to go to the gym. Just never felt properly dressed, walking round the streets in trainers. Think it’s an age thing, I was more a classic dresser. My feet are horrible now, I have beautiful shoes under the bed, on top of the wardrobe. I look at them occasionly and stroke them and weep

xx

yes it’s OK to laugh Blossom we bl**dy well have to ? , the dentist went quite well I suppose , he stuck my crown back in whilst chatting to me (as they do ?) , it’s marvellous that on my great day out I get invited to talk and chat whilst my mouth is stuffed with cotton wool !!! they always ask if I smoke ? how many ? and then being an NHS patient I get told I don’t need anything else doing just yet !! , well what a joke that is , but never mind I won’t argue with that LOL ,

the trouble is that my humour has become somewhat twisted these days , and as soon as the cotton wool was removed and I was being ushered out , I asked them "if " all was apparently well , and no further treatment was needed , was it “good” that I smoke ? and would it improve my teeth to up the number of ciggies a day ? but no, they didn’t laugh or even crack a smile , oops , must have thought I was serious ? , so now I’ve got 6 months barring emergencies to tone down my humour for the next appointment ?

glad to hear you’ve got A1 teeth and gums too Poll

and Tina yes I sympathise , “nothing” seems to go with jogging bottoms either ? not even trainers in my view ?

oh well , thanks for the replies folks onward and downward as I say

John

p.s. a funny happening at the dentist (every time) , is that I wear dark wrap around safety glasses most of the time , that just happen to look like the ones they lend you for treatments , and it always ends with them trying to retrieve mine by mistake , only a minor tussle , that’s all I can manage !! , the good thing is that mine are distinguished by large scratches where I bump into stuff LOL ,

pps, back in my sandals today , (with socks) yep I know that’s a fashion error , but no one will know ??? till now that is

John

SOCKS WITH SANDALS Disaster my dear man

My husband would do the same if I didn’t rein him in what the heck, as long as your comfy

xx

This thread has made me chuckle. I love trainers always have done even before MS I am a fussy about my trainers have to have the air cushioning. I do have a dark blue pair which aren’t too horrendous when the suit has been required - but have apologised. I always did like my cargo trousers too, these have now come a must for leaving the house - making use of all pockets. I long to wear a pair of jeans when I do brave it I forget I have a bag which is not good either. My calendar is full of appointments that I am too shattered with going out. If I do stuff at weekend screws me up for the following week.

Blossom and Tina, have you looked at Crocs lately? they do a lot mor than just the clog type now, I’ve just ordered some, Skechers seem to have ‘dressier’ trainers

last time I had cargo trousers I loaded the pockets and they slowly descended I seem to have mislaid the waistline I used to have that holds em up

I am looking to get a privet prescription for Fampyra, can any one please help???

I am looking to get a privet prescription for Fampyra, can any one please help???

sorry farhang but I don’t know what that is

Hi Maude,

Yes, I have - still not for me I’m afraid. Besides, I’m not sure I could wear them, even if I loved them. The problem for me is not one of high heels. The tops of my feet are very tender with cramp or spasticity or something. So anything that has a strap, or even the edge of the shoe crossing the top of my foot is too painful to wear. I’ve recently found I can’t even wear my mule-type carpet slippers, which are just soft fabric, because the edges press too much on the tender spot. I can’t really explain how my trainers or lace-up boots are OK, because obviously they still have to cross the top of my foot - everything does, except flip-flops, which don’t give me enough support. I think it’s because there’s no actual strap or edge there. Although they completely enclose the top of my foot, there’s nothing to dig in. I don’t really understand it myself. I haven’t bought new shoes for literally years, because all of them hurt, and the few times I’ve managed to persuade myself they’d be bearable once they were worn in, they still weren’t. I’ve given up even trying now.

I don’t know what will happen when my current trainers and walking boots wear out, because even those were not a easy find. I wish I’d had the foresight to buy two or even three pairs, which might see me out for life. Instead of which, I shall have the dread ordeal of trying to find a replacement I can bear touching me. A friend suggested ballet pumps, as they should be very soft and pliable, but I think, like flip-flops, they wouldn’t provide enough support.

It’s a nightmare, it really is. I think one of the first signs I had MS was finding it impossible to buy new shoes, and even finding old favourites I’d had for years were suddenly painful.

I’ve relaxed my criteria a lot - already wearing shoes I once wouldn’t be seen dead in. But as it’s neither height nor width that seems to be the exact problem (perhaps it’s depth?) abandoning the quest for style still doesn’t seem to solve it.

Tina

x

Are Crocs the plastic shoes maude, I used to wear plastic shoes every summer when I was little…slipped everywhere

I just can’t see myself in Crocs. I’ve been looking at sketchers, some lovely light grey pumps with white soles. Can’t believe how light they are, I’m definitely tempted to buy some. Would look great with my cotton leggings…very classy I think and not cheap.

xx

hello achord,

it is Fampridine

hello achord,

it is Fampridine

You make me laugh achord

xx

Ask your neuro or your own doctor, Farhang. Even if they are not willing/able to prescribe it themselves, they should know the options for patients determined to pursue it.

There have been some free trials offered - I don’t know if that’s still going. BUT it’s still not NICE-approved, so if you get on well with the trial, and want to continue, you will have to self-fund.

I assume you do know it won’t be just the cost of the one-off prescription, but you will have to meet the actual costs of the drug itself?

Tina