Forum

You know you've got MS when.......

When you go somewhere and think ‘oooo it’s nice here, wonder why I’ve never been before?’ and then realise that it’s the same place you go at least once a week and have done for years!!!

[quote=“Pat”] [quote=vicki300778]

funny, my nickname is pan burner, last year i went thru 13 saucepans as i keep forgetting im cooking and burn the pans to hell n back

[/quote] So why isn’t your user name Pan Burner? It’s such a nice name![/quote]

just changed it hahahaha

[quote=“Pat”] [quote=PanBurner78]

[quote=Pat][quote=vicki300778]

funny, my nickname is pan burner, last year i went thru 13 saucepans as i keep forgetting im cooking and burn the pans to hell n back

[/quote] So why isn’t your user name Pan Burner? It’s such a nice name![/quote]

just changed it hahahaha

[/quote] But why did you put your age after it?[/quote]

im 34, 78 is the yr i was born, i always put numbers in stuff to help me remember

You know you’ve got MS when you get confused by the previous posts whilst trying to be witty

Wb

When you put the chicken in the oven only to find out an hour later you’ve turned on the top oven and the chickens in the bottom oven. Also today went to put my coat on and found I’d picked my dressing gown instead…I wondered why my daughter was looking at me strangely! !

…when you’re sat on the loo and it feels like you’re sat on a rubber ring

…when you struggle to get up the stairs in your slippers just to find out that 1 or both of them fell off half way up!

…to try and remember someones name(Jacob) decide to associate them with crackers (Jacobs Crackers…getting there) but when it comes to saying their name, not been able to remember who makes crackers untill the moment has gone…aarrg!

When you have to scroll back to check the spelling and you realised you missed it on first reading!

When strugling to open a jar and you drop it and it smashes on the floor.

Barbara.xx

When you find yourself flicking through the comments on everyday living and nodding in agreement at the all too familiar stories…

wen you call someone 3 times just to forget wat you wanted to say in the first place

When the Pharmacist rubs their hands with glee every time you walk through the door, knowing their retirement becomes more comfortable with each new ailment…

You somehow make a coffee with no coffee in it, and stare down confused and disappointed, at your mug of hot water. You also open a brand new packet of pills, but immediately lose them, before you’ve even taken any. You then discover both pills and packet in the bin!

When the first thing you greet in the morning is the bedroom floor and also saying “hey you” because your on your 3rd attempt at calling the wrong child the wrong name again :wink: x

When shoes are bought because of their comfort and support!!!

Pip

You know you have MS when your going out or planning a journy the first thing to check is,

is there any disabled toilets.

Ronin

When you get down on the floor to play with your kids, and then realise your mistake when you can’t get back up again!

When your constantly pushing that paper party hat that keeps slipping down your forehead only to find your not wearing a party…or a head sweat band You put a post it note on your oven door saying ’ remember oven gloves’ Your not sure if you’ve burnt your finger tips or if they are numb You don’t worry about asking with a hangover as you always wake of a morning feeling like you have. Hangover You have soooooo many memory helping devices that you have to cross reference them all You have given up remembering people’s names You can ‘taste’ smells Most important you develop a unique sense of humour and can laugh at yourself

when i moved my armchair nearer to the door that leads to the loo!!!

When you celebrate the way the day started feeling more flexible, so much so, you can swoop down to scoop up with ease yesterdays clothes to drop in the laundry bin in the bathroom. Down stairs, yeah! Going well! Back up stairs, quick wee before off to work, Lift the lid on the loo and…oh! Yesterdays clothes!

when you find a cut on your finger but dont feel it happening. ive done this so many times and thought wheres that blood come from?? lol