What to say to wind up a person with MS (alison100)

‘I feel tired too - must be the weather’ What’s your favourite? Alison x

oh are u sure, you look so well my oh my friend has that but she is in a wheelchair 24/7 are u sure u have s&m

‘You have only filled my cup half’ (from the time it was my turn to do the cups of tea/ coffee in the office -in a new working environment-, and I had to walk a certain distance with the tray…: to avoid spilling I put in less fluid but not half!) :evil:

do you know when your next relaps is going to be ? :roll: :x :o :shock: :roll: :x question asked by someone from personel department work at my last meeting with them some people :roll: :roll: :roll: tina x.

“Oh I had a cousin whose friend had a Brother in Law who had a Great Aunt Gertie, SHE got rid of it with this new cure she read about in The Daily Heil – apparently, if you knit yourself a cardigan out of soy sauce soaked bean sprouts whilst meditating in the bare arsed nekkid Lotus position and swigging back triple distilled reindeer piss, then wear said bean sprout cardie for a month of Sundays – et voila - all your symptoms will be gone…honest, it must be true, it was in The Heil :roll: :?: .”

anu wrote:

“Oh I had a cousin whose friend had a Brother in Law who had a Great Aunt Gertie, SHE got rid of it with this new cure she read about in The Daily Heil – apparently, if you knit yourself a cardigan out of soy sauce soaked bean sprouts whilst meditating in the bare arsed nekkid Lotus position and swigging back triple distilled reindeer piss, then wear said bean sprout cardie for a month of Sundays – et voila - all your symptoms will be gone…honest, it must be true, it was in The Heil :roll: :?: .”

:lol: :lol: :lol: You gotta luv these homespun remedies :!:

I was talking to an insurance company and the guy said ’ I’m sorry to hear you’ve got M & S’ - wish I did, I’d be loaded :smiley: Lynne x

Hi All. The one that gets me is you are looking well,when you feel like a bag of defrosted mince,and all you want is to go back to your bed. Take Care, Chris.

I have only been diagnosed a week and already somebody at work who has no say in the business whatsoever has suggested that I may be a health and safety risk. Wound up does not quite cover my reaction when I found out! Tony

Oscar1 wrote:

I have only been diagnosed a week and already somebody at work who has no say in the business whatsoever has suggested that I may be a health and safety risk. Wound up does not quite cover my reaction when I found out! Tony

Ahhhhh, you’ll meet a lot of arseholes in this MS business - plan your answers ready :lol:

The one when you’re stumbling about like Bambi on ice and somebody tells you to take more water with it - I’m a widow of an alcoholic, this does not go down well :evil: Luisa

So not just me then…ha ha :wink: Equus1965

Have you been eating your 5 a day? I always feel a bit ropey when I’ve not had mine OR why does it feel like I’m not allowed to be ill anymore just because you have MS?! Lol, i wish people would think before they speak. I would be happy to change places, anytime. :slight_smile: Suz xx

Mine is from mums friend… My daughters got MS… She doesn’t need any drugs, she changed her diet, stopped drinking, started getting fit. Hasn’t had a relapse since. 2001… Don’t you think you should do the same? NO I DON’T !!! Lucky her is all I say… Wish I didn’t have to do daily injections, take gabapentin and feel crap every day, and have 3 relapses in 8 months… Grrrrrrrrrrrr Booze n food is all I have xx Jo x

“oh my sister has MS, she just pops a pill everyday. Shes had it for 17 years and hasnt been bad since she was diagnosed. Get yourself them pills and you’ll be fine” This was my line manager when I told her about my diagnosis. “why are you walking like a spazzo?” - a colleague who hadnt seen me for a while.

Eek! Every one of these replies has made me wince - many of them in recognition! It’s as well we’re all blessed with saint-like patience, or there’d be bloodshed. A x

the one that gets me is when people say how can you be tiered you havnt done any thing. Grrrrrr just want to kill when people say that to me. And the other is when people give me mucky looks for not giving up my seet on the bus

" Whats with the wooden leg?" I had to laugh. I cant expect people to guess whats wrong, when the do or dont know.

carol63 wrote:

Oh you have ms,well if you really want to see people with problems you should go on a burns unit(not disbuting that would be awful) but stillo not sure of the connection,it was said to me last week when i was on holiday. Carol

i tihnk i would actualy kill them for that one. Yes burns are nasty yes they hurt but pain is temproary skin grafts work wonders.

How can you be tired - you never got up until 2pm and you’ve been sitting there all day?! Or : How can you not remember the way to go, you go there all the time, are you daft?