worms

Hi all :slight_smile: Hope everyone is ok, or at least as ok as can be. My father called me this morning to tell me about some clinical trials with hook worms. Not for us ppms peeps, but I googled it out of interest. Not sure if it has been discussed here before but here is the link if it will post… Worms for Immune Regulation of Multiple Sclerosis - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov Staying upbeat and…oh yes COLD! Paul

Hi Paul,

This trial is being done at the hospital where i attend. It has been discussed on here before but not everyone will know about it.

I’m not on the trial myself as i didn’t meet the criteria as i’ve not had any relapses in the last couple of years. Didn’t fancy it much either! LOL! I’m a bit squemish about the thought of putting hook-worms in my body!

Teresa,x

Oooeeerr…dont like the sound of that. And anyway, it`ll not do me any good.

If it helps anyone else, then that can only be a good thing, eh?

luv Pollx

I think that this treatment sounds very promising. They will be sterilised worms too so no hope of passing on an infection. I am 99% sure that if these critters were served up tasting like lemon drizzle cake, then I would give it a go!

Moira

I had hookworms for a year - paid lots of money to be infected with them. Didn’t do anything for me, I’m afraid - or at least I carried on deteriorating at the same rate. I got rid of them and got my money back just before I started on Tysabri - I thought having the two different things acting on my immune system might not be a good idea.

There are an awful lot of “cures” for MS out that and it’s probably a good thing that the NHS is using our money to test some of them. There was a big, double-blind, placebo controlled test on cannibis not long ago - showed it did nothing for progression.