Forum

Work

Hi all Ive been diagnosed with ms for nearly a year now and my work are looking to get me bk to work,they say they will look into adjusting things for me,I work in a foundry which is heavy lifting and gets really hot in there aswell,I don’t know what to do cause in my heart I know I can’t do the job anymore,my head says yes I can do it,but my body says different,I don’t know what to do, any suggestions,thank u

Hi Soccolegend,

Why not contact the MS Society Hotline they will be able to give you guidance and advice reference coping at work.

Andy

Hi mate,

Yes you are being realistic; heavy lifting and heat are two things you should steer clear of with MS and being in that environment would be very dangerous.

That’s not to say there is no job for you; there must be many jobs available for you to do and it sounds like your employers are being proactive and trying to find a new career route for you.

There is always Access to Work who will help Get support in work if you have a disability or health condition (Access to Work) - GOV.UK

George