Who would you like to meet? (Not MS)

Hello all

The weather today is glorious. It has made me think that I would love to nip out to lunch, but I’m not feeling well enough today and it’s not that easy to be spontaneous any more (you know what I mean).

So, I’m thinking, if I could choose someone to sit down to a nice meal with a bottle of wine for a couple of hours, who would that be? There are a few, but to start off I would choose HM Queen Elizabeth II, as I think she is fascinating and I would love to tease out the real woman beneath her public face. Followed by Adolf Hitler, as I just cannot begin to comprehend the enormity off what he instigated.

Who would you choose?

Bill.

I think that Ant and Dec or Robbie Williams would be great fun. Michael Parkinson or Terry Wogan (met him once briefly) would be incredibly interesting. I am a great fan of the books by Terry Pratchett and J K Rowling too, and I think that they would also be interesting people to talk to. Oooh, too many to choose from - can I have a big party instead?

Luisa x

Hi …simple, Johnny Depp just cos hes gorgeous! I think I would make it a fancy dress party cos I love him as Captain Jack Sparrow lol

Hope you feel up to going out before long!

Equus X

Hi

In a good, positive mood today so the cherry on my cake.would be some time spent with Leonard Cohen.

He’s been with me musically for years. Love him.

Hallelujah

xxx

[quote=Magnum]

Hello all

The weather today is glorious. It has made me think that I would love to nip out to lunch, but I’m not feeling well enough today and it’s not that easy to be spontaneous any more (you know what I mean).

So, I’m thinking, if I could choose someone to sit down to a nice meal with a bottle of wine for a couple of hours, who would that be? There are a few, but to start off I would choose HM Queen Elizabeth II, as I think she is fascinating and I would love to tease out the real woman beneath her public face. Followed by Adolf Hitler, as I just cannot begin to comprehend the enormity off what he instigated.

Who would you choose?

Bill.

[id love to meet my ancestors if i could, would love to see where my weird sense of humour, and my love of music came from xx/quote]

I’m not religious, and certainly not Buddhist, but I think I would like to meet the Dalai Lama, because he seems to be an amazing person. I once knew someone who had met him, and she had found it a very profound experience. She felt he had a holy or almost supernatural presence, and as if he had second sight or something. I don’t know what, if anything, he had told her - or whether it was just a sensation. But she was still impressed by it years later.

If we’re not limited to living people, then I would certainly have liked to have met Einstein. I don’t think I’d be up to discussing physics with him, but I would have liked to just know what he was like. I’m not sure whether he had a very nice attitude to women, though, so it might turn out to be a horrible disappointment. Then again, I’m pretty sure you didn’t pick Hitler for his likeability quotient, so maybe whether I’d like the person is irrelevant.

Tina

stephen fry, just to see if I can us my brain again

Crikey-I really dont know!

John Bishop? Stephen Fry? Richard Branson? Dawn French? Jo Brand? Cami Walker? Jon Richardson?

I cant choose one!

Great question!

Ellie x

I’d choose Steve Mcqueen and remember when I was young and sexy!!! If ever!

Janet x

Bill Hicks

If it where my I’d love to sit down and talk and have a laugh with the hosts of Top Gear

Or Billy Connolly

Mark

PS

I am also going to sneak along to Marks dinner party taking all my guests with me! Ok-its didnt start off as a dinner party but wow what a day/evening that would be!

LOL!

Ellie x

I would love to dine with my grandparents, they shaped the person I am. They would hug me when down, always knew solutions to problems and nothing was too much trouble for them. They were good neighbours and went through 2 world wars and survived.

My gran had medicines for everything and the neighbours in the street would come in for advice. She also delivered the babies in the area and laid people out when they died.

My other gran knew Jimmy Savilles mother and they would swap baking and share tales.

I loved the tales of the old days yet even my childhood days are now ‘olden days’ but they were good times - brawn & chips tasted like caviar back then.

bren

x

Vivienne Westwood, Coco Chanel, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Ray Charles, Alex Chilton, Chuck Berry, Picasso, Andy Warhol, My Grandparents on my mother’s side, etc etc…

Hey, i want JD too! Mmmm.

luv Pollx

Hi, I`ve always loved and admired Tina Turner. the strength she had to find to beat Ike was amazing. She has such a warm face too.

luv Pollx

Hi, these are all fab replies so guess I better contribute too, not sure if you meant living people or dead or both, but anyway when I was very little I had a rock ‘n’ roll album which I played to death, lol, so think I would like to meet any of the early rock ‘n’ roll stars, Elvis, chuck berry, Big Bopper, Buddy Holly, even John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger etc. Cheryl:)