What's your hobby

I, myself, live in a small world. I don’t go out too often due to fatigue and the Neuro symptoms that are not yet under control. Also, I’m alone most of the week so as I don’t have anyone to take me out( even if I was up to it), I potter about at home. My hobbies( I need them since I don’t work) are drawing, gardening and reading. Each one depends on how I’m feeling. So, if I’m alright in my head ( alert, mentally bored etc), I will read or draw. If I’m physically able to move, I will garden. If I’m too ill, I will do neither. But, I make sure I have something to do depending on how I feel. My question is…what hobbies or things have you taken up since you became ill? Look forward to seeing how everyone spends their time xx

Hello Beverley

I too like reading also listening to music.

I meditate but not as much as I used to and I’m interested in spirituality and regularly go to my local spiritualist church where I share lot’s in common with like minded people

I love to go to my local garden centre with my best friend and share a good rant over cuppa and a cake

Internet shopping is another favourite hobby of mine

Noreen xx

Hi, over the 15 years since I finished work, I have delved in several hobbies and now have hardly any. But my recent visit to a centre for disabled people, is re-kindling some of them.

In the first few months I churned out many stories. They just flowed like a gusher from me. Friends and family read them and were really surprised how good they were…exciting, intriguing, touching etc.

Other hobbies I have tried are cross stitch…oh such slow, tiny work and it took ages to see an end product. Quilting…very quick to see a throw, or a dolly`s crib, a cushion cover, or a bag.

Greetings card making…again, a quick result made me feel good.

I gave everything up, as the mess caused when makng things, go me down, even tho it was all stored neatly.

I have a feeing I could be sewing again soon.

Enjoy the hobbies you do.

pollx

It’s great to hear what others do. Thanks for telling me what you do for your hobby :slight_smile: Glad you’re enjoying the church and shopping and getting out, Noreen. I haven’t been to a spiritualist church for 10 years as I moved away and then never got into it. I used to go every week :slight_smile: Best of luck with the sewing Poll ::slight_smile: I know what you mean with craft getting messy. I tried that but stopped for the same reason :wink: I’m intrigued by the writing, you never know, you could be a famous author one day! Xx

It’s great to hear what others do. Thanks for telling me what you do for your hobby :slight_smile: Glad you’re enjoying the church and shopping and getting out, Noreen. I haven’t been to a spiritualist church for 10 years as I moved away and then never got into it. I used to go every week :slight_smile: Best of luck with the sewing Poll ::slight_smile: I know what you mean with craft getting messy. I tried that but stopped for the same reason :wink: I’m intrigued by the writing, you never know, you could be a famous author one day! Xx