whats does the nuro letter mean?

Hello this is my first ever post …ever ever

I just need a little advice, I recived a letter from my nuro today saying a few things i dont really understand.

Little back ground … I have had bowel problems/incontance for going on 6 years now, they have now found a rectocele and weak sphincter but have still dont really know why…

moving on During this time i have weekly pains contstricting around my abdomen which is more than painfull… Labour was less painfull and i didnt have pain relife!!

About a month ago to top the lot off my bladder went caput and stopped holding… I am now on solifenacin which seems to have calmed it down a little.

Also to add in the mix I have developed leg spasams while resting my leg seems to do its own thing.

Now all this added together has resulted in me being seen by the nuro who was lovely… The problem i have is i dont understand the letter.

He is sending me for MRI’s of brain and spine. He belive’s my problems may be nurological not nessercery MS. Ok great we have a answer ish…

What im confuggled about is he says my refelex’s are brisk consistant with a spinal cord problem ( what could this be?)

Also Bilaterally brisk reflexs ( i thought this was good?) including finger jerks (whats this)

dont really know what he is talking about.

Anyone got any advice?

oww forgot to say im 26 years old if that makes a difference.

Thank you

ps im dyslexic to boot sorry about the spelling

Then he

Hi Anon and welcome…

Strangely enough brisk reflexes are not normal (even though it sort of sounds good eh?) and do show there’s something going on in the central nervous system.

There are loads of reasons why this might be… and one of them is MS.

He is doing exactly the right thing sending you for an MRI… as this can show possible MS or something else going on.

At this stage, keep an open mind… as I say, it could be anything.

MS can be difficult to diagnose so you might be in for a long haul… on other hand they might be able to work out what’s wrong quite quickly.

Although your symptoms are MS-like, there are other conditions that can cause similar problems. So, sorry to say, it’s a wait-and-see scenario.

As you will see from this forum, IF it is MS it is NOT the end of the world. It is NOT a terminal condition and there are loads of treatments out there to help and loads more coming all the time… and for the first time in history they are talking about a cure!

Best of luck and hope you get some answers very soon,

Pat x

Welcome, and I am sorry you are having such a worrying time. I completely agree with what Pat (Snow Leopard) has said in her reply. Alison

Thank you very much for such a fast reply

I really do appricate you taking the time out of your life to give me a little reassurance.

I think i was just having a little panic but carmed myself down today and as you said what will be will be,

I have a 4 year old little boy and am on my own but today i seem to have opened my eyes a little and come to

the conclusion that what ever the answer is is not the end of the world and how lucky i am to have an amazing boy that is hopefully to young to remember the bad days for the moment.

Again thank you I plan to sit back chill out and wait for the answers to come, im guessing stressing about it is not going to help my bodie or my child.

Thank you

Thank you very much for such a fast reply

I really do appricate you taking the time out of your life to give me a little reassurance.

I think i was just having a little panic but carmed myself down today and as you said what will be will be,

I have a 4 year old little boy and am on my own but today i seem to have opened my eyes a little and come to

the conclusion that what ever the answer is is not the end of the world and how lucky i am to have an amazing boy that is hopefully to young to remember the bad days for the moment.

Again thank you I plan to sit back chill out and wait for the answers to come, im guessing stressing about it is not going to help my bodie or my child.

Thank you