Well I seem to have a diagnosis.....

I’m a fruitcake! The neuro I saw said at the time all my symptoms were down to my age (I’m 41). Now, after a telling off from my epilepsy nurse he has decided its psychological. He hasn’t seen my MRI results or blood tests he has just decided and that’s it, end of. I’m really upset by it and looks like I will have to leave here. Thanks for all your amazing support. Xx

Nikki - lots of hugs.

Please don’t leave - the diagnosis of psychological stuff has knocked your confidence and made you doubt what you’re experiencing I know but as you said he hasn’t looked at your MRI yet.

This doctor sounds like a right * if you get my drift.

Get your MRI results andn then make a plan. I would go and get a second opinion. What are your GPs like? Are they supportive - could you press your case. Could you as your Eppy nurse to do a letter voicing concerns that the care of your neuro symptoms doesn’t seem to be handled in the correct manner. Even speak to PALS.

Its time to stop putting up with these bad doctors and do something about it. Whatever your diagnosis - MS or not - you have a place here.

I’m sure many others will voice that they’ve found your posts and support valuable.

Have a moan, cry, get angry, eat some chocolate and wine. Pamper yourself or allow yourself to be upset but please don’t give up. The only perosn that will suffer as a result is you.

Lots of lots of hugs.

Reemz

Very sensible advice from Reemz which I echo. Really awful that he’s said that without even seeing your MRI results.

Stay on here anyway - I’d be gone if staying here was dependent on an MS diagnosis! We’ve got neurological symptoms which mimic MS whatever their cause - that’s why this is a limboland section. Look at the Functional Neurological/Conversion Disorder sites plus the facebook pages and see if they suit you. They do nothing for me, I can’t relate at all, so I’m sticking here for support, diagnosis or not.

Hugs, Dxx

Oh nikki, To be dismissed in such an awful manner is quite franfly disgusting! To av left you hanging all weekend in itself is complete and utter bo@@@@@s! Im disgusted on your behalf and feel sooooo angry that anyone can be labelled and dismissed with such low ignorant regard. Even…i mean even if it were psychological, the ethics of could sound medical practice should always prevail. Dont give up nikke…you know your own body AND mind!!! you need the support from this site more than ever and we need you and all your valuable input. big hugs

Hi Nikki

Sorry to hear that. Always horrible when a doc says more or less that they dont believe you… and when you know you do have symptoms!

I think I would defo complain to PALS within the hospital/district, as I cannot see how he can say that without looking at results!

Some doctors clearly need a kick up the ar*e!

P xx

I can only echo what the others have said. Most importantly, there is no need to leave here and the neuro needs a bll**ing because it is unbelievably irresponsible to diagnose a patient without even looking at the test results!

(((((hugs)))))

Karen x

Hi Nikki i don t believe you have a diagnosis , i believe you have an opinion lol , i suggest you stay on here until they sort it out xx

I echo what the others have said, please do stay on here, this neuro doesn’t sound quite all there, i would try for a second opinion, you are entitled to a proper diagnosis and help with what you’re experiencing big hugs

xx

Hi nikki, no, dont you dare leave! Ive been tossed from pillar to post with 3 possible diagnoses and still dont know exactly what Ive got.

BUT everyone on here has urged me to stay.more than once. So just you stick around, as we need you.

luv Pollx

That is completely true!

Just echoing everyone else Nikki. Please do not leave. The neuro is a complete idiot. How can he make a dx without checking your results. He should be struck off! Teresa xx

Ditto all of the above.

Some Neuros are the pits. Mine have been too. Apparently I need counselling (they seriously dont want to open that can of worms LOL). This is limboland because we dont know whats wrong. I have very definate neurological symptoms but no diagnosis. I for sure am staying here, such a supportive and informative bunch here.

Never give up on a diagnosis. You are not a fruitcake and how many other 41 year olds have the same symptoms?? Well my symptoms started at about age 40 and none of my friends have anything like them at all. (49 now )

We are all in the same boat, lets stick together !!

Cathy x

Ditto all of the above.

Some Neuros are the pits. Mine have been too. Apparently I need counselling (they seriously dont want to open that can of worms LOL). This is limboland because we dont know whats wrong. I have very definate neurological symptoms but no diagnosis. I for sure am staying here, such a supportive and informative bunch here.

Never give up on a diagnosis. You are not a fruitcake and how many other 41 year olds have the same symptoms?? Well my symptoms started at about age 40 and none of my friends have anything like them at all. (49 now )

We are all in the same boat, lets stick together !!

Cathy x

Thank you all so much. I am feeling very lonely at the moment, my husband is keen on it being psychological because it’s easier to “fix”. I know what he means but my GP found physical problems. I tried to get an appointment with her but she goes away this week for 2 weeks. Destiny I like how you put that it sounds a lot better. I have a neuro psych appointment when I can hopefully prove I’m not imagining things. After that I think I am going to get a second opinion, probably in Leeds if anyone knows of a good neuro. My mum has said she will pay for me to go private for my first appointment. My head is a shed at the moment and I can’t seem to think about anything else. Xx

Hi Nikki ,i have had symptoms for years ,a few then a few more then a few more over so many years , i have been told its psychomatic the problems with my legs ,the dizziness ,pins and needles etc etc i believed the doctors thinking they know best so just suffered it all and got on with my life . finally i went to see new doc who referred me to a podiatrist who took one look at me and said i needed to have a bio mechanical assesment . which i had about 6 years ago they found problems from my hips down which i apparently had from birth . so never give up until you are happy all the avenues have been approached .

Iam still undiagnosed but have finally been referred to nuero and will go from there ,

good luck nikki x

Hi Nikki

Oh that’s awful, perhaps it is time to ask for a second opinion with a

neuro like that, he (or I suppose it may be a she) must have just landed

from planet Zog!

Don’t go anywhere, stay here, there is a lot of support and information

that can be useful to you. I am sure it will be worse for you if you try to

tackle this on your own, stay on the forum.

Take care

PAM

Hi Nikki

The others have given good advice. Hang on in there - the medical profession are far too quick to write off stuff they don’t understand as being ‘pyschological’. Glad you’re going for a second opinion. Hope things soon work out for you.

Hazel x

Hi Nikki, Please stay around, that is really nice of your mum to pay for you to see a neuro. Hopefully you may get some answers, how can your present neuro possibly dx you with anything if he hasn’t looked at your scan etc. Hang in there girl and keep posting we are all here for you. Love. Karen xxx

Poor you!! Sounds like u r getting better advice here than what you are from the medical proffesion.

Try and stay strong, keep fighting, you have an army behind you here!

x

Please don’t go Nikki, I was told for 8 years it was in my head (2 with an ME dx). You know your body hun. I think it’s lovely of your mum to do that for you so go for it girl, it’s sometimes the only way we can start to get some answers (my mum did the same for me).

Big hugs,

Mags :slight_smile: xx