weight loss

hi there folks i was just wondering if anybody has lost a lot of weight because of ms i use to be around 14 stone now 10.Dont have an appetite anymore either cpould go the whole day not eating and would not notice.Will be seeing my neuro this wednesday and was going to say to him thanks darryl

Sorry Darryl I only know of people putting on weight including myself, except just before dx. I did loose a couple of stone because I felt so guilty and anxious, cause I knew something was wrong with me, I have got over those feelings now.

I don’t know if you’re on any DMDs as some friends have lost weight because of them. A good thing you are seeing your Neuro soon, I hope he can help you out with it.

Take care

Wendy

x

ME!

I am now 7st 10 lbs. I too have no appetite. If I could just take a pill for every meal I would. Often I just feel sick and therefore can’t eat!! I wouldn’t thank my doctor, because not eating or wanting to eat is yet another thing MS has taken from me…I may be a size 8 but is that what life is about?!

ME!

I am now 7st 10 lbs. I too have no appetite. If I could just take a pill for every meal I would. Often I just feel sick and therefore can’t eat!! I wouldn’t thank my doctor, because not eating or wanting to eat is yet another thing MS has taken from me…I may be a size 8 but is that what life is about?!

Hello Darryl,

I was around the 14 stone mark, now only 12, so MS has clearly had an effect, on my weight.

Cheers

Gareth

I lost 4 stone once due to a bad relapse,wish i could loose 4 stone now lol, i am now dieting and just lost 2lb .

I felt sick all the time and had to force myself to eat, but that was years ago.

jaki xx

Hi, I’ve lost loads of weight and am now under 8stone, (and had a babyand the weight 'fell off me), ithink that maybe its because i put more effort than others into doing everything.

I’ve got the opposite effect then … i’ve put on weight… think its the amitriptyline… still gonna take em though… they’re the only thing at the moment thats controlling my balance and heavy legs…

Me ;( In 2010 I lost 3 & half stones in 3 months . It has continued and a once confident,comfortable 16 st female now stands at a pathetic 8 & half soaking wet. I used to have a perfect set of Brittneytype orbs but I’m a damn shame 32b wails a UK size 8 is too big- I’ve lost everything that made me female- boobs,butt , thighs I always wanted to be thinner but this is beyond funny now. Be careful what you wish for eh?

Hi all i put on 4stone used to be 11stone but now 15 talkin about boobs i got some you could have and they tell me i look as if am 7months gone not good

Sounds good to me :slight_smile: be proud!

My husband was losing weight and had no appetite so out physio suggested we see our GP and ask for blood tests to be done. The result was he has an underactive thyroid,which usually causes weight gain,but in some cases causes weight loss. Then our GP told us it is quite common for people with MS to have trouble with the thyroid which is another immune system problem,which of course no one tells you about. Maybe you should get this checked out,hope this helps.

Darryl, I think this is a really good point that chocoholic has made. That’s a lot of weight to lose when you are not doing it on purpose and not everything that happens to us us caused by MS. I think you should have a chat with the GP.

Alison

x

Hi, after diagnosis and not on any meds I lost about 1/2 stone as lost appetite.Have always been about 8st. (5’3’') Went for blood tests but all ok ( think now was MS).

Hadn’t told friends about MS- got a birthday card from a friend saying ’ thin people are happy people you must be the

happiest person alive’ I cried for an hour - I may have been slim but I have MS.

Now on meds and not able to do much exercise so am putting on weight. Will have to control eating as I

can’t afford to buy new clothes!!.

Jen xx

I think I’ve put ALL the weight on that you ‘thin’ people have lost! Used to have an 18 inch waist now it is 40 inch.

Wish I could loose even a bit of it as I look pregnant and it makes my heavy legs feel even weaker.

Oh the pleasures and joy of this MS club, it seams that whatever you wish for the dam desease just takes pleasure in treating you to the opposit!!!

Luv to all, Ann

when i was younger i montain biked alot. But when i was 15 i had a realy serious accident wich resulted in 4 months in hospital i came out of hospital and due to long periods of time off my bike and laid up round the house unable to walk i ended up at 22stn. I tried evry thing i could to shift it but since the ms has come along i have very suddenly dropped back down to a healthy 12.3stn and that happened in the space of 5 months. And i personaly would say it was due to the ms as i now do less excercise than ever and now dont seem to be able to put wheight on

Hi, I have been on amitriptyline for many years. but I really don`t think it has caused my weight gain.

No, its the chocolate, crisps, cakes and other crap ive shoved down me neck!

It would be easy to blame the fact that i am a full time wheelie on my size.

In 2005 I lost over 4 stone through strict dieting…but good food…i was never hungry.

And to think i lost 7 stones with Weight Watchers and then became a class leader…that was 20 years ago!

Oh pass me an eclair!

luv Pollx

It always seems to appear to drop off me when I am relapsing, but on a thin frame anyway (8st2 wet through and 5ft5) a little loss looks a lot. But I think also that when I am relapsing I have to put more effort into everyday activities. I do still eat but find I get tired when eating and preparing food so probably don’t eat quite as much.

Get your thyroid levels checked?? I myself put on 4 stone and is trying to lose that but still it would freak me out if it just dropped off. good luck x

Hi i used to be 11 stone but now with this Ms i am now 14’8 and to me thats to heavy but can not get it back of any tips