Forum

Vitamins - D3 etc...where to buy?

I’m looking to buy some vitamins, I eat a balance diet but if having a boost from additional vitamins is beneficial for MS’ers I’ll buy them… Which type/brand are the best, and where from?

You can get them from Big Vits at £15.95. P & P is free to the UK and very fast delivery http://tinyurl.com/5s935bu Or iHerb $14.95 (get $5 discount on your first order using this code LEL055) So $9.95 + $4 P & P which equals approx £9.50p Delivery is 2 – 3 weeks http://tinyurl.com/ycc5ake If you do decide to order them from the US, be careful not to order more than £18 worth (not counting the postage). If you do you could be charged VAT on the order. The Post Office collect the VAT but can charge you an extra £8 for doing so. The site is very good at giving you information about international orders V

Verona wrote:

You can get them from Big Vits at £15.95.[b] P & P is free to the UK and very fast delivery http://tinyurl.com/5s935bu V

It says on the website £2.98 for delivery. But they will package the item and hand it to Royal Mail for free!!! (unless I’m missing something?)Quote:

PACKAGING & HANDLING COSTS Flat Rate: FREE !! BigVits shipping department carefully package and deliver your parcel to the Royal Mail or Couriers as quickly as possible, always obtaining Proof of Posting.

/quote] It says on the website £2.98 for delivery. But they will package the item and hand it to Royal Mail for free!!! (unless I’m missing something?)
Quote:

PACKAGING & HANDLING COSTS Flat Rate: FREE !! BigVits shipping department carefully package and deliver your parcel to the Royal Mail or Couriers as quickly as possible, always obtaining Proof of Posting.

I don’t actually buy from Big Vits, I assumed Flat Rate: FREE!! meant free : :?

I’ve just ordered from the US site, just got to wait till they arrive now :wink: Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Amazon :smiley:

Turtles Head wrote:

I’m looking to buy some vitamins, I eat a balance diet but if having a boost from additional vitamins is beneficial for MS’ers I’ll buy them… Which type/brand are the best, and where from?

Healthy Origins Softgels 360 - 5,000ius or 10,000ius from Amazon UK or Mynaturalmarket very quick delivery.

spacejacket wrote:

Healthy Origins Softgels 360 - 5,000ius or 10,000ius from Amazon UK or Mynaturalmarket very quick delivery.

are these a one a day tablet then?? or how much is the recommended best amount to take Roisin

Hiya Folks, Why not ask your gp to do a blood test to find out if you need the extra vit.d3. Mine did one for me then gave me a prescription. Im now being monitored to see if my levels improve. Might save money and you are monitored. bren xx

yawn wrote:

Hiya Folks, Why not ask your gp to do a blood test to find out if you need the extra vit.d3. Mine did one for me then gave me a prescription. Im now being monitored to see if my levels improve. Might save money and you are monitored. bren xx

Hi Bren I got mine done recently Used a Vitamin d spray for few wks, but prior to my sinus op few weeks back had came of all non prescribed meds just to be on the safe side - started it again a fortnight a go. asked my GP when i was last in if i could get it tested, he said you tell me lol I said well i know it is possible what i am asking is will you authorise it. Rang for the results last wk nurse said briskly its normal, so i insisted she went back to computer and get the exact value for me was she told me was 60 which in my mind is actually borderline insufficient (esp with me having had a bit of supplementation). Know ideally I should have got a baseline level done before i had even tried the Vitamin D So if i ever get past the Rottweiler Receptionist and managed to get an appt with GP anytime soon will ask if he will prescribe it. Out of interest do you recall what your level was? Just wondering if they have certain levels at which they will prescribe. Roisin xo

tyronerose wrote:

spacejacket wrote:

are these a one a day tablet then?? or how much is the recommended best amount to take l had my vitd3 levels checked after taking 20.000ius a day for nearly a year. The results were very low - they should come in the bracket of 150/200 nmols. Look up Dr Holiks research on VitD3 deficiency on the web! Roisin