very scared that i might have MS

I’m in my teens and stupidly googled MS out of curiosity. A few months ago, I had this weird tingling burning sensation on all of my toes, although they looked normal. I didn’t think much of it but then, this month, I got twitching EVERYWHERE. It was all over my body when I lay down or sit. I also find myself messing up sentences when texting my friends but not noticing till a few minutes after. Recently, I’ve gotten these weird dull pains. It started on my pinkie and ring finger joins, but have spread to my neck and toes. I’m very scared and don’t know what to do.

1 Like

Hello

Welcome to the forum that you’ve been led to by that evil Dr Google. He should be struck off for frightening people who are already scared enough to consult him.

Regardless, you are welcome. Now, a few things about MS that you may not know. First, MS does occasionally strike people in their teenage years. But more often 20s to 40s ( sometimes older too, but I dare say you’re not too concerned about them right now!)

Second, some of the things you’ve noticed could be due to stress. And whatever people say, your teens are times of enormous stress. Exam stress, body consciousness, changing hormones, relationship (or the lack of) stress, just being a teenager is enough to give ALL of us so many things to worry about.

I’m saying this not in anyway to denigrate your weird symptoms. But in order to try and reassure you.

So, back to MS; let’s face it, virtually anything a person experiences that could be neurological, might be related to MS. But equally, it might not be. MS is what’s often called a ‘snowflake’ disease, it affects all of us differently.

What you need to do is see your GP. You’ll need to explain to him/her what’s happened and when; whether weird feelings have stuck around and if any symptom has got better on it’s own. Also how long symptoms have stuck around.

If s/he thinks there’s a neurological problem, they’ll refer you to a neurologist. When/if you get to that point, ask us again.

Meanwhile STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE!! If you want to know about MS, use this site, or just ask us some more.

Sue

2 Likes

Ssssue is quite good at making sense. I wouldn’t be a teenager again for all the money in the world. As someone who did develop MS in my teens, I don’t think that’s what you’re dealing with. However, like Ssssue said, it’s very important that you be seen by a doctor ASAP. Obviously, something is wrong, and the doctor can help you figure out the next steps.

In the meantime, we’re here for you.

1 Like

Go to the doctor. I knew someone that wrongly self diagnosed MS. It was something almost harmless.