Vanity

I know! I know! This sounds trivial but it’s been annoying me for ages. For the last few months whenever I put on a nice top my bra strap is showing. I have lost count about the amount of tops I have sent back to various shops because I was blaming shoddy workmanship but I now think it’s more to do with my left arm/ shoulder getting weaker as it’s just the left bra strap that shows.

Is there a solution to this? Or do I just have to put up with it.

At a recent wedding I bought a really nice and quite expensive dress but I had use a cover up all day because of the offending bra strap.

I wouldn’t be so bothered but I’ve just lost a couple of stone and I feel really good. I wonder why I bothered.

Mags xx

Is the bra strap slipping down a bit so it shows? I have a bit of a problem with this as I am somewhat round shouldered ( my mother always told me off about my posture!) Sports Bras with a “racer back” are good BUT they are hardly pretty and the back tends to show if the rear of the garment is not high cut. You can get “multiway” bras with interchangeable straps of course which might work too. Ordinary strapless bras are good if you are not too big breasted (I wouldn’t risk them over a C cup - and I haven’t been a C cup since the old king was on the throne)

Expensive - but very pretty - solution with more staying power for the more abundant decollatage is a strapless waist length bra (or all in one) VERY 1950s. Very Sophia Lauren/Gipsy Rose Lee! I wore one when I got married - no mishaps with brastraps or complaints from Mr Boblatina either.

Also, if you have recently lost weight, you might benefit from a PROPER meaurement of your bra size. You might be astounded at the real size you should be wearing and that might be causing slippage.

I don’t think it’s the bras it’s more the shoulder of the tops that slip down revealing the bra strap. I think it’s caused by the weakening muscles of my arm. Nothing sits right anymore up top.

I know racer back bras have been mentioned and it’s true, no shoulder slippage with those. For a DIY fix you can doe a ribbon tie through the back of you bra straps (before you put it on obviously!), just a couple of inches apart so the straps would be a little more secured and without having to replace your existing lingerie.

Sonia x

I remember many years back, way before pole, seeing a lady I had riding lessons with, lose a bra strap during a lesson,she wasn’t small and it looked so painful and that’s what we suggested to her if she wasn’t going to wear a sports bra - so it’s one that’s always stuck in my mind, it works tho! x

Hi, what about fastening bra straps to tops with small safety pins.

My bras always fall off my shoulders too. This is due to poor muscle tone and posture.

pollsx

I have managed after some years of not being able to wear a proper bra due to the spinal pain, to find some cheap things that are like bras but not! They do not fasten which is good as I can’t fasten that type, they just slip up or down. They are like triangles of material with very tiny almost spaghetti thin straps. They look a bit like the first training bras.

They fit although I have to buy a large (I am 10-12 but in this shop section you have to be 6 stone to fit into a 10), they do not move, the straps do not slip and as they are only bits of material and I don’t want to frighten the neighbours, I shove two bras paddings down. They are brill, I think they only cost about 4 pounds. I have to keep going and waiting hoping they will sell an extra large which will fit even better. They also are very lacy and look pretty. Because of the unusual shape of the straps at the back (almost triangle) I have started deliberately wearing them with a thin, pretty top so that the straps show and then matching that with something else. It took me ages to find them and I only tried one just out of curiosity thinking it would never work. I has such a thin strap that goes round at the bottom and without the stretching and pulling of hooks or anything like that, I hardly feel it on.

it’s a bit of a bun fight trying to find them in this massive shop but I go at 9 a.m. before anyone else is up. The big shop, beginning with P.

I have managed after some years of not being able to wear a proper bra due to the spinal pain, to find some cheap things that are like bras but not! They do not fasten which is good as I can’t fasten that type, they just slip up or down. They are like triangles of material with very tiny almost spaghetti thin straps. They look a bit like the first training bras.

They fit although I have to buy a large (I am 10-12 but in this shop section you have to be 6 stone to fit into a 10), they do not move, the straps do not slip and as they are only bits of material and I don’t want to frighten the neighbours, I shove two bras paddings down. They are brill, I think they only cost about 4 pounds. I have to keep going and waiting hoping they will sell an extra large which will fit even better. They also are very lacy and look pretty. Because of the unusual shape of the straps at the back (almost triangle) I have started deliberately wearing them with a thin, pretty top so that the straps show and then matching that with something else. It took me ages to find them and I only tried one just out of curiosity thinking it would never work. I has such a thin strap that goes round at the bottom and without the stretching and pulling of hooks or anything like that, I hardly feel it on.

it’s a bit of a bun fight trying to find them in this massive shop but I go at 9 a.m. before anyone else is up. The big shop, beginning with P.

I know not of this which you girlies speak.

1 Like