Bra extenders (girl talk!)

Girls, did you know that there are such things as ‘bra extenders’? I found them on eBay. They come in 2 hook or 3 hook and you hook them onto your bra so you can make the bra bigger. I got a pack of 3 in white, black & beige for £2.99. So much more comfy, so much less likely to cause ‘hug’, so much cheaper than buying new bras… and so thrilled I had to share the info with you!!! (Another ‘get a life’ post…lol). Pat xx :wink:

Pat, that’s really good to know. Funnily enough, after years of complaining that I’m flat-cested and wearing a 32A, I went to a very expensive lingerie shop and discovered that I am actually a 30B or even a C in some styles.

M&S are now doing 30’s but they seem to be a bit erratic on the sizing (shock for M&S really.)

The point is that I’m gaining a little weight now and a couple of bras are feeling a little tight but my boobs seem fine with the bras I have. An extender might be just the ticket!

Sonia x

ps. the posh lingere shop is closing (this weekend I think), I went in last week and they had no 30’s left but the lady said “now let me have a look at you” and said I think we might still have a few things that will fit… 20 mins later I left the shop with 4 bras! The women in that shop are amazing, 3 of the bras were from an Australian range and a 32B fits a treat,

Well, I’m sad the shop has closed but have very posh daily lingere for the next few years I did spend a lot but paid less than half price!

Sonia x

Yes, I got some Pat, bought them through a thing that got put in letter box, bit like Avon, but for the life of me I can’t remember the name ( what’s new) and do use them, but even with them I still have times when the bra has to be binned.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Pam x

That was lucky Sonia. The last bras I bought from M&S were way too tight and that was after being properly measured in-store. I’ve been 38C for so long that it never occured to me to go up a size. I bought 2 lovely Triumph bras a couple of months ago… really lovely… but realised that they were much too tight (of course I realised after I’d worn and washed them so couldn’t return them). Anyway the extention things are really good. Never knew they existed! If you get MS hug… which unfortunately I do, it’s best to go without a bra but that is really impossible in summer when it really notices!!! Shame your posh shop closed. Another victim of internet shopping probably… and have to admit that I now do nearly all of my shopping on the internet. Pat xx

[quote=“skippysprite”]

Yes, I got some Pat, bought them through a thing that got put in letter box, bit like Avon, but for the life of me I can’t remember the name ( what’s new) and do use them, but even with them I still have times when the bra has to be binned.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Pam x

[/quote] Thanks Pam… waiting for my sister to arrive… the one who lives most of the year in Italy… and we’re going out for lunch. She’s late… in our family she’s also known as the sister who’s always late! Lol… Don’t bin bras Pam. Give them to Oxfam. They send them to the 3rd world where women can’t afford bras. Hope you’re having a good one, Pat xx

Have a lovely day Pat, there is always one in a family who keeps others waiting.

No I don’t put them in the bin Pat, I meant it metaphorically, that it has to come off no matter what, ms hug sometimes unbearable.

Pam x

Sorry Pam… of course you meant it metaphorically… I’m sometimes a bear with very little brain! My sister came and we had a lovely long chat. She’s just left and I’m totally exhausted!!! Pat xx

I’ve only just started wearing proper bras again. I suffered really badly with hug but also my body became hyper sensitive and they actually hurt everywhere. I’ve been wearing those very unflattering sport type that pull over your head but getting in and out of them can be quite tricky. I’ve got bra extenders in my sewing kit but even they didn’t help with sensitivity but it seems to be improving so I’ll keep it in mind, thanks

Cath xx

Girls, these boys have no idea the problems us girls encounter! lol

I am sure they must have personal problems too…just can’t imagine what!

As you can see I have got my sense of humour back after the “tutters” the other day.

Pam x

[quote=“Min”]

I’ve only just started wearing proper bras again. I suffered really badly with hug but also my body became hyper sensitive and they actually hurt everywhere. I’ve been wearing those very unflattering sport type that pull over your head but getting in and out of them can be quite tricky. I’ve got bra extenders in my sewing kit but even they didn’t help with sensitivity but it seems to be improving so I’ll keep it in mind, thanks

Cath xx

[/quote] Cath, I know exactly what you mean. I’ve got a whole bunch of maxi dresses made from viscose, which is very cool… I sleep in them and in the morning just have to pull a cardigan on to be dressed! No underwear! Next & H&M usually have them if you’re interested. Can’t put up with bras or waistbands as they drive me nuts… but of course sometimes we have to. I thank our very own Nina for giving me the maxi dress tip. It’s been an enormous help. I also have the ‘princess & the pea syndrome’… the tiniest little crumb in my bed feels like a great big jagged rock! Pat xx

PS… some of the viscose dresses are mixed with elastine etc… the 100% viscose are better. Pat xx

I’ve seen bra extenders in a catalogue from time to time - they are available from various places. Another useful thing is little pin type things that fasten in the shoulder seam of a top and hold your top to your bra strap - great for keeping wide-necked tops in place so they don’t show your straps. Only thing is, I can’t use them with my front-fastening bras, the shoulder straps on those bras are wider than the pins.

Viscose maxis have been a life saver, so cool and comfortable, no waist bands or zips or buttons. As Pat says respectable and comfy for daytime and the best thing since sliced bread to sleep in, especially for those of us that have the princess and the pea syndrome! Nina x

I find t shirt nighties are comfy, and yes, I can also feel every crease in the sheets at night. The lady who remakes my bed every week thinks I’m really anal about it but if she does it right I can just tug everything in the morning and it’s okay for the week. I won’t eat in bed as I can’t do with crumbs in it. If I lie down during the day I just lie under a throw. I’m so glad I don’t have to share my bed with anyone, I’d drive them mad.

Cath xx