UTI's and what drinks are best please?

Hi,

Can ‘Squash’ be a good/decent ‘substitute’ to plain water, when trying to get rid of an UTI please? When I get fed up of jut ‘water’ all of the time…

Ty for any/all replies

Anna

Cranberry juice is good for UTIs.

1 Like

Hi Anna,

Ouch, not nice.

I’ve heard that cranberry juice is good

https://www.nhs.uk/news/food-and-diet/cranberry-juice-useful-for-women-with-recurring-utis-claims-study/

Mind , reading the article the people doing the research worked for Ocean Spray!! Only had 373 people in the trial.

Jen

1 Like

Theres not enough cranberry extract in juice to make huge difference though if looking for alternate drink its obviously some benefit than none!. Cranberry extract supplements better for ongoing attempt at preventative support If acidic urine feeling tormenting you too then bicarb water good- as long as sodium is not an issue. Its not pleasant mind you but will change ph of urine Think lots fluid of any dilute juice ok

1 Like

Morning, I suffered with uti’s, I had 6 in 1 year, then last October I started taking cranberry supplements, I get mine from Healthspan, I take high strength and I haven’t had 1 since, I didn’t want the juice as I would have had to have drunk too much and I don’t drink soft drinks, now this is only my experience, I get mine from this company because if you have repeat order’s they give you a discount, I would also like to point out that I’m only a customer of theirs, nothing else, I get my other supplements from them and you get free delivery. Anyway good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

Jean x

Hi Jean

What would you say is a ‘high dose’ of the cranberry please? I am at a loss as to what is classed as ‘high and/or low’ you see. So this info would really help me in deciding future ‘doses’ , as it were…

Ty

Anna

Hi, I also take a cranberry supplement. They are just Asda`s own at £2 a tub of 30.

I also drink lots of tap water. I rarely get a uti.

Boudsx

1 Like

Hi Anna, the 1 I get from healthspan is classed as a high dose, I’ve had this 1 from the start as it’s done me well…a bit of advice I got from my GP was, it will take anything up to 6wks for it to get well and truly into your system, so which ever brand you go with, be mindful of this, good luck love.

Jean x

1 Like