Uti

Hi I keep getting urinary tract infections.it takes a couple of courses of antibiotics to get rid of them.i have ms,to be honest I don’t drink loads of fluids.I have a uti now am on second course of tablets.Doctor is waiting for results of urine test to come back he said I might have to have a camera in my bladder and also intravenous antibiotics.All my scans are clear.As anyone got any advise or does this keep happening to anyone. Help please.

I have used D-mannose (herbal) remedy and it has worked for me. First came across it when it was recommended by a vet nurse. Don’t know whether anyone else has tried - just a thought.

Hi I have heard so many positive reports about D mannose…it’s worth a punt…I’ve never had a UTI but am thinking of getting some purely as a preventative measure. Xx

Hi I have heard so many positive reports about D mannose…it’s worth a punt…I’ve never had a UTI but am thinking of getting some purely as a preventative measure. Xx

I take cranberry capsules and have kept them at bay for 6 months. I’ve got a cracker of an infection at the moment so I might try D-Mannose too!

It works for pets too. I have heard of a dog getting UTI and despite constant antibiotic treatment from the vet it returned time and again. The owner did her research and tried D-mannose and hey presto dog returned to health. This is how I orginally heard about it from the vet nurse and decided to give it a go. I found it on the internet and phoned the company for advice and bless them it was delivered by 10 am the next morning. Brilliant. Hope it works for you too.

I drink lots of water and no diuretics (tea, coffee, coke) and have cranberry tablets. I do self-catheterise now, because I was retaining urine and having accidents but I can only remember one uti in ten years.

Hiya.

Have you found the reason of the UTIs?

Drinking less than 2 litres a day is bad for MS folks, as I found out and my ‘bladder’ nurse told me that.

Also have you have any bladder scans to check on retention? You only need a bit to turn into a stagnant pond. Again, like I discovered. With a touch of ISC that stagnant pond will become a fresh water puddle and greatly reduce UTIs.

Marty

Oh Marty I love the stagnant pond analogy! You are right on the spot with it though Even with SPC I have a stagnant pond at the moment and off work, oh well 6 months free of one isn’t bad I guess. Hummm what to do for the rest of the week…read and drink water! Sara

Hi, I`ve had utis in Jan, Feb, March and April so far this year. Anti biotics cleared the infection, but it came back soon afterwards.

It was characterised by a strong smell from my urine and great urgency and wetting accidents.

I had a bladder scan and the nurse was concerned as i had 325ml retained and she said anything over 150mls is cause for concern.

I do drink a lot of water and have cranberry juice every morning.

I am seeing a urologist next week about an spc…supra pubic catheter.

luv Pollx