I have ppms and my leg pain is getting worse,does anyone use ice packs to help
I guess it depends on the type, or cause of pain. A bit of stretching works for my occasional leg pain and would only use ice to help reduce swelling.
Trying ice isn’t going to do any harm, but don’t apply it directly on your skin.
MS pain | Understanding pain in multiple sclerosis | MS Trust
Thank you
My leg pain is constant and worse at night ,I take 120 mg of duloxitine and have just been given pregabalin also to see if it will helps . I will have to wait and see if it helps but the pain is wearing me down . I may try ice to see if it gives me any relief,anything is worth a try .
Morning @inghamgillian1 I have SPMS, had it 20yrs now and have always suffered with pain, be it either burning, or cold, now I get the burning more and particularly at night, so to get me off to sleep, I have 4 cold pads, 2 between my legs right at the top, 2 under my knees and then I have 2 good size cooling towels, 1 goes over my feet and the other goes over my knees, all of these I keep in the bottom part of the fridge, now more often that not, this works, but there are times when the coolness has worn off the pain wakes me, but by then I’ve normally had a good few hours sleep, then of course for the cold pain I use heat.
I hope this helps and you get some relief with whatever you decide to use, good luck,
Jean
Thank you for your advice it is very helpful ,I will try it and see how it works for me .
Take care and thanks again
Gillian