Urine Infections

Hi Galdriver

Have you noticed you are replying to a thread from 2011?

You might be better off starting a new thread, then your posts would be sequential and you might get more help from the forum members.

Sue

We live abroad and can just buy our drugs n the chemist,

my wife always takes siprofloxin for years but as the UTi are getting more frequent I am for another

antibiotic to try

what long term low dose does your doctors give you please?

As you all know it’s the worst infection to get as it effects walking ,balance etc

i will try to get the honey sent over and cranberry capsules

any help please

Hi jooli31 and all of you. A year ago I was in the same situation, 4-5 UTIs in a row. Then my doctor gave me Hiprex (Methenamine Hippurat) whick makes the urine very acidic. I take one tablet in the morning, one before bedtime. No problems since then, and apart from a strong smell of the urine - no side effects as far as I have noticed. Highly recommended! Actually it’s strange that doctors all over don’t prescribe it.

Yes, I realised it was old Ssssue, thanks. I’ve just come on after a long break away and was browsing. It’s no big deal if no-one replies but thanks for your advice. I’ll get onto reading recent ones instead. lol

I’m finding D-Mannose (you can get them from Amazon among other places) is helping but I’m getting more throat infections now. They can have a similar effect to the urine ones (knocks out use of limbs. eek) so I think it may be a sort of poison in my system that just looks for a weak area to get out.

I’d be interested to know what antibiotics people take as low dose permanent treatment and if they work too Chrisarvor. That may be the next thing to try.

An update

My wifes uti had the latest uti for ages and nothing will move it ,

So we had urine tested no bacteria but showed leukocytes

My wife has had ms for 25 years and she was a staff nurse so she knows whats going on

anyway back to our doctor and he gave me 4 things all herbal

diuretic tea. 3 times a day

Ginseng and royal jelly,these are in a box with glass bottles similar to medication for injections, which you pierce the cap and insert a tiny straw twice a day

Magnesium tablet ,once a day

Neorenal tablet ,twice a day

after one week the smell from the urine is not as strong and after many years this time is the worst we have evr had

almost like acid ,she has regained a lot of strength started walking a bit

so we are continuing this week and we will see if it clears it up,also started cranberry tablets 2 a day

let you know ,