Upset and angry

Just been shopping to the huge M and S nearby. I was walking very shakily and slowly with my stick as my legs are awful atm. An elderly man, walking quickly, brushed past me, knocking my stick and nearly knocking me to the ground. I cried out as I overbalanced and was very shaken. He did not turn around, even though he must have realised that he knocked into me. It was very scary and I felt like hitting him with my bl**dy stick! Teresa xx

Thats horrid Teresa.

I many of us have come across people of all ages like this.Pushing into ques ahead of us.Leave doors smack us in the face.And yes certainly the pushing over I have had the great pleasure of this.

Not nice at all,plain ignorant people out there.

Charlie,x

Thats awful, at risk of getting told off, in my experience its often older people who are like that. My daughter has walking issues and the amount of times she has been knocked over is shocking.

Maybe you need to get a blowpipe thing and dart people who do it

Hope your ok

xx

Hope you are ok now, Teresa.

What an ignorant pig!!

I hope he walked down the road and fell down a manhole!! LOL!!

Teresa. x

Hope you are ok now Teresa, it’s pure ignorance.

Shame you didn’t ram your stick where the sun don’t shine, that would teach him.

Take care

Pam

Thanks guys, I would have happily gone with all your suggestions! Teresa xx

Hi Teresa, some people are just so rude aren’t they? Hope you are ok now. Cheryl:-)

God I hate it when that happens, you should maybe get a metal stick like me, that woulddo the trick :wink: (jk) no I had a old man come up to me and I a real go at me for parking in a disabled space, he shouted its only for elderly… he wouldnot let me get a word in and when I did I said look at my badge and f**k off. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good on you Mooglestar! Yes, I’m fine thanks Cheryl. Teresa xx

Next time, (sadly, prob there will be a next time), WALLOP!!!

Glad you’re OK,

big hugs

Luisa x

Nuff said really.

Maybe get a few shirikins to keep handy in case there’s a next time?!?!

Karen x

Hi Teresa,

Nothing else to add except I agree with all that’s been said. Hope you are ok now. Hope you can remember what he looks like then you could ‘accidently’ hit him with your stick next time he bumps into you!!! Ignorant old man.

Janet

x

Thanks for your support all. Teresa xx

[quote=“rizzo”]

Nuff said really.

Karen x

[/quote] Excuse my ignorance Karen but what are shirikins? Are they a Scottish thing/word? Teresa xx

Hi Teresa,

I hope you are OK now. And they say that younger ones are the ignorant ones! In my experience it is often the other way around. I think that sadly people tend to get more single minded and less patient as they get older. No excuse for rudeness though! The words treat others as you would like to be treated yourself come to mind!

Boo

[quote=“Tree65”] [quote=rizzo]

Nuff said really.

Karen x

[/quote] Excuse my ignorance Karen but what are shirikins? Are they a Scottish thing/word? Teresa xx[/quote]

Thinking Karen means shurikens - ninja death stars :slight_smile: - more Japanese than Scottish

L x

Ok, thanks Luisa! Teresa xx

Oh thats awful! I do hope youve recovered from the shock now love.

luv Pollx

Thanks Poll. Teresa xx

You have to remember that some people are absolutely blind to the world around them.

They are the ones with a kiddie of 5, or 6, or 7, standing up in the shopping trolley (and no idea of how easily a fall can happen). The ones who try to walk between you and your stick. The ones who rush to get past you, get just in front - and stop dead (without any concept of how many feet it will take you to stop). The ones who step backward while they are chatting to a friend, without any idea that you are behind them.

Like Luisa says - WALLOP! A metal stick across a shin, or an elbow in the small of the back, is, of course, quite accidental (well, I had to keep my balance, did I not?).

But there are some nice people around as well, and they always get a smile and a “Thank You” when they try to help.

Geoff