Unemployed again :(

Hello. This is my first post. I’ve had M.S for 18 yrs & anxiety.
My M.S nurse recommended that I contact someone here, to see if they could help. I recently started a new job, as my previous one , of 3 yrs, got unbearable. However, I was “fired” after 1 mth and the employer is refusing to give me a reason , any feedback or a reference. I’m exhausted, experiencing a relapse & have just about given up the fight to continue looking for further employment. Not sure what else to say a.t.m.

1 Like

Even if they are complete bastards, they are entitled to do pretty much what they like with no explanation inside the probation period which could be anywhere between a week and 6 months.

Don’t let it fester, just dust yourself down and move on. Sorry.

Hi Angel. Outside my area of knowledge but: have you tried the MS Society Helpline ? The number is on the website. I imagine that this issue could get complex - for employer and you. In cases of MS employers have to comply not just with Employment law but also Disabilities stuff. Give the Helpline ( or Citizens Advice? ) a call ( it could be that was what your MS Nurse was thinking)

Was your most recent employer aware of your MS? I know one is not obliged to disclose such things now.

Being provocative, and without compromising yourself in print, and even if you had no label is it possible your reduced capabilities could have had an impact on your performance? e.g. a lot of walking if you have mobility issues.

In short . . .yes

Hi,
What sort of jobs have you been doing? Job searching is depressing even without a relapse, but I wonder what area of employment you’re in, whether a different kind of job would help?