Uncompassionate Replies to Desperate Posts

My sister has just been to Wales on hols. She brought me a heart shaped piece of Welsh slate back and it reads;

Remember;

it`s nice to be nice.

Innit da troof!

pollxx

What a really nice post. That is what I like about this board is you all care about one another. I haven’t been on here long being diagnosed at end of Jan. You have all been so supportive and really helped me come to terms with the diagnosis when I started to panic. This is a rreally scary disease to have to come to terms with and you guys really help. Poll I do sometimes feel guilty when I am chuckling to myself when reading your posts, as I feel I shouldn’t be laughing when youhave been hhaving such ordeal I’m sorry. I really do think you should write a book as you are so good with words. Barney

1 Like

Hi Barney

Thanks for your support and I am so pleased you liked the post. I know I speak for all of us. We all need eachother!!

I agree about Poll writing a book but I do wonder what she would call it!!! Hehehehe!!

Shazzie xx

a modern history of boudicca?

I think Boudicca strikes back would be a good one with a picture of the flame haired lady with multiple hair colours on a super duper motorbike! What do you reckon poll?

How about The All New Adventures of Boudicca

and instead of the chariot we could have the mobility scooter our lovely lady has just given away

I hope you keeping up with all of this Poll hehe xxx

Yeah that’s a good one Kelly :slight_smile:

I reckon they are good but I would go for “Carry on Boudica” then she could show off her amazing sense of humour.

What do you think Poll???
Shazzie xxx

Kelly, l have often used this quote - it originated from the film Bambi- and it was the little rabbit Thumper who said ’ lf you can’t say summat nice - say nothin at all’’

lt should be at the top of our forum pages - part of the ‘rules’.

l am still in touch by email with several folk who turned to this site for advice and compassion - but were horrified when their ‘post’ turned into a ‘heated debate’. As someone who has had spms for 31yrs now - l do have a lot of personal experience - but only in the symptoms/treatment that l have had. As l have never been on dmd’s - l never get into any ‘debate’ connected to them. But for bladder/bowel incontinence - yes - unfortunately l do. So l do try to help all the ‘anonymous’ posts from folk who are so embarrassed-demoralised by whats happening to them. And sadly, they feel it is only them that are having this trouble.

l try to reassure them that - no - it is - l think - the worst side of this disease. lt not only makes them feel so degraded it also disrupts their everyday existance and can cause a breakdown in relationships. When trying to help someone - l got rather a curt reply from a member of this forum demanding where l got my 'facts 'from. So obviously, this person is one of the lucky ones whose bladder/bowels are still behaving themselves!! And they never read all the heartbreaking pleas from folk whose lives are disrupted with this problem. l have learnt such a lot on this site and shall always be indebted to folk who have passed on their ‘wisdom’. lt was on this site - that l was introduced to LDN. And as someone with SPMS - it was at last something that l could take that hopefully would improve ‘my lot’. And it has made a big difference. Knowledgable people like Whammel - l owe a lot of thanks to. lt made me start questioning and querying - not relying on GP/Neuro’s who do not know enough about MS. And Poll - of course is an inspiration to us all - although she makes us see the funny side of life - we do know that she is battling all the time to keep her ‘RED’ head above water. And we love her to bits!!!

Fx

1 Like

My thoughts exactly F. What lovely words in your reply F. Full of wisdom.

Thanks for your help and advice especially over the last few weeks.

Shazzie xx

1 Like

it originated from the film Bambi- and it was the little rabbit Thumper who said ’ lf you can’t say summat nice - say nothin at all’’ That’s twice now my username has been used on the forum this week!! A girl could start to get a complex lol With regards to the title of the post though I must admit I’m always sceptical of replying to posts for fear of been shot down by what I said, (not that I’ve ever said anything out of turn) and whilst I could deffinatley use some advice on my current situation when posting in the past I’ve only got a few replies so generally dont bother anymore. Just grateful for the two buddies I’ve made on here Sue xx

Please don’t blame the moderators. Some of them are volunteers and without them this site may not even exist. (some have ms like us!)

I personally feel that they allow ‘free speech’ and i feel that they are in a ‘no win’ situation because i have seen them step in, in the middle of a heated debate and they have been criticised for that also.

I believe the moderators do a good job and only tend to step in when the terms and conditions are breeched.

If you are concerned about any replies or posts that have not been challenged on here - then report the post so action can be taken.

Teresa.x

[quote=“Anonymous”] The problem on this site is the lack of proper moderation. Bullying and unkind posts or confrontation is overlooked by the ‘turn a blind eye’ moderators. There are many other forums where moderation is good. This one is diabolical. [/quote] What a remarkably odd statement. I think that the volunteer moderators on this site do a terrific job. Alison

I have to say that the moderators moved very fast on this once it was brought to their attention!

Very good job mods.

Thank you.

Shazzie xx

Oh Sue

That is really sad.

You can always PM me if you need to chat. I am always there for anyone who needs a shoulder or a bit of light relief.

Take care.

Shazzie xx

[quote=“Anonymous”] The problem on this site is the lack of proper moderation. Bullying and unkind posts or confrontation is overlooked by the ‘turn a blind eye’ moderators. There are many other forums where moderation is good. This one is diabolical. [/quote] I think the mods do an excellent job. Rarely have I seen a message which I would class as offensive. This site shouldn’t be so sanitised that people can’t disagree with each other.

Anon… Have you considered the fact that the moderators may be able to see who has posted anon anyway? so they can step in if an anon post breechas the terms and conditions! Just a thought!

If this is the case…they will be keeping a close eye on you now!

Hi Barney, please dont ever feel guilty about laffing at my posts. I write them in such a way as to cause a titter or two. I usually end up laffing at a bad situation…it`s my way of handling summat bad…most of the time that is.

pollxx

1 Like

Hi, how can anyone reply in such a confrontational, damning way yet NOT give their name. Cowardice at it`s best.

Anyway, I reckon we`ve all said enough about the topic. I know Shazzie is tired of it, but likes to respond to everyone.

Let it go now, eh?

pollxx

Thanks Poll :slight_smile:

xxx