Uncompassionate Replies to Desperate Posts

Well I’d like to say that i think the moderators do a good job, I recently reported a couple of posts from someone who was being particularly unkind to someone on here and the comments they made I felt were offensive to her and to everybody who has ms… The moderators dealt with it swiftly…no complaints from me.

Ditto. I have rarely complained but when I have been maddened enough to do so, the mods dealt with it very swiftly indeed.

I personally sometimes think there’s always one that wants to spoil things. This thread is pointing out the good things of this forum inc the good that the moderators do and how just posting the wrong thing can have a negative impact esp if that person is rock bottom etc. Yet someone still has to upset btjis positive post and no surprise to see that the someone posts anon. Vsru much a cowards way and clearly has no thoughts for those newly diagnosed reading this thread! Xxx

Which is, I think, exactly the sort of behaviour that prompted the start of this thread.
If you don’t agree with someone,say so - but have the guts to sign your name.
If they don’t agree with you, let them comment on the same basis.

Geoff (who has never posted as “Anon”)

I’m just gong to add one more comment here…I completely agree with Shazzie here, there was a lady that was clearly distressed and someone made some very mean comments to her post - I amongst others have tried to contact her directly without success and to be honest, it’s pretty worrying :frowning: Unless I’m mistaken, this forum is here to help and support MS sufferers and their support networks of family/friends and carers - to let us share our experiences (good and bad), useful information, buoy each other along etc. etc. so basically provide a safe and friendly place. There really is no room for trolls and the moderators are needed because of that and they do a brilliant job from what I’ve seen :slight_smile: My return button isn’t working so apologies if this looks messy! Sonia x