Trying not to get stressed

They are here again ! Those noisy workmen with all of the dust and mayhem that having jobs done on your house brings. Something tells me that this isn’t going to be a ‘walk in the park’ I know for a fact that Autism and change don’t work . I keep thinking of the verse from my favourite poem ‘If’ (if you can keep your head while all about you are losing there’s and blaming it on you) Poor Frazer he’s just lying there on the rug wondering what on earth is happening. I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end. Michelle and Frazer xx

Hi Michelle & Frazer,

Aww, sorry to hear about them noisy workmen making all that noise and mess, wouldn’t it be lovely if they could do everything quickly, quietly and without making any mess but alas I think we would need a magic wand for that lol

Do just keep telling yourself that it will be all worth it in the end as I’m sure it will be and I know what you say that Autism and change don’t work but I know that you, Lee and the girls (& Fluffy Faithful Frazer) will manage as you’re such a strong family.

Keep smiling :slight_smile:

Twinkle Toes xx

Hello Michelle and Frazer

How I feel for you. I can’t cope with builders and the noise and chaos they bring either. Have you had your holiday yet?

Hope the work is on schedule.

Best wishes

Grandma x

Oh Michelle I sympathize, all the noise, dust and disruption…but in the end it will be worth it.

Hang in there girl.

Pam x

Hi Michelle I went through six months of noise rubble and dust and total mayhem to make my home completely disabled friendly, it was an absolute nightmare. That was six years ago that time of mayhem just seems like a little blip in the big scheme of things. I have now got a gorgeous that is totally designed for my needs and it makes my life so easy, i love it here. So what I’m trying to say is that really this short period of chaos is always well worth the trouble it causes and when you look back it really does seem so insignificant. So as it has already been said hang on in there, itll be over before you know it. Also, after reading your posts it really is quite apparent that you are a very strong and kind person. You can do All the best. Jane X

Hi Michelle,

I totally agree with everyone, workmen in the house are an utter nightmare.

I really hope it’s not too stressful and that they get it done in record time!

I will be thinking of you,

Nina x

Feel for you Michelle,i just hate having workmen in my house,i find it so stressful,It sounds like such a big job you having done too,im sure it will be worth it in the end,but that does not take away the fact you are having all the stress of it being done. J x

Thanks everyone , they are here again , but as workmen go they are decent guys. I’ve not heard any cursing yet , and they are really respectful asking if they can leave their tools overnight and just being friendly and really tidy . Molly was delighted to see them yesterday , there are a couple of young lads in the team . I was so glad when her taxi came for school. It’s not so bad really as they come for 8 and leave about 4 ish, its school hours so it doesn’t really cause many issues , by the time Molly’s taxi brings her back they are leaving. Rosanna will be happy she’s my older daughter with special needs living in care in the community, she often comes home for weekends and she will have her own room with ensuite bathroom . We have 7 children most have left home they are grown up but there’s plenty of room when they stay , which is quite often . It will be great for Rochelle too she sometimes stays with the twin granddaughters. Well thanks for the reassuring messages , I feel wiped out today …I’ve turn into some kind of jelly mush …Well that’s how I feel. Michelle and Frazer xx