Travel rollator/wheelchair

Hi everyone,
I have secondary progressive MS and I am looking for recommendations/advice on a good rollator/wheelchair for travelling. I’ve had a couple of bad experiences using the airport assistance so thought it might be easier to travel with my own. I can currently walk short distances using walking poles but I’m ready (I think!) to embrace additional help to allow me to make the most of travelling. There are a lot to choose from so all advice greatfully received. Thank you :blush:

There are models that combine both functions and might be worth checking out, although I have never used one and not a recommendation.
Rollator and wheelchair in one for great trips | Rollz Motion (rollzmobility.co.uk)

I do have a Torpo Troja though and can vouch for the build quality. The guide is useful to see what models are available.
Rollator guide - topromobility.co.uk

2 Likes

I also recommend Topro Troja.
Mick

1 Like

I have a Rollz motion performance which combines a rollator/transport chair. It is ideal as it enables me to walk short distances and then transforms into a chair. You would need someone to push you. The chair is a transport chair so doesn’t offer the comfort of a wheelchair but is fine for short periods.

I also have a Topro Troja but do not find it stable enough for more than a short walk. I have a weak right side and lean to heavily on one side and can tip it. The Rollz is much heavier and therefore more stable for me.

Have you looked at light weight foldable wheelchairs. I am considering a Lith-tech chair when I can afford it.

Sue

Hi Sue
I have a Lith-Tech electric chair and it is indeed excellent. Clever design & materials mean it is light enough for me to fold & lift it into & out of the back of the car on my own. If cost is the issue, they have a section of the website offering Refurbished chairs for a significant saving.
Graeme

1 Like

Looks like good tech and there seem to be some bargains.
Nice one

Thank you everyone for the useful advice. I am now the proud owner of a rollz motion. :+1:t2::blush:

1 Like

Hi, I ventured abroad for the first time since diagnosis (PPMS). Certainly the experience was different but pretty good. I do think having my own wheelchair helped.
I am an occasional user but often easier for friends and family if they push me to venues like Museum, cinema restaurant etc
At home my rollater is very useful. Amazon have a variety of sizes/seat heights. BON VOYAGE!