Time to put the jeans away...

Hi Jackie, the maxi dresses are very long but I have a dry cleaners nearby who will shorten one for £12. So I wear them a few inches above ankle. Not quite mid-calf… and no tripping accidents.

I also wear them to bed as they are very comfy and I always buy the ones made of viscose which is cool. In the morning I put on cardigan or long shirt and hey presto I’m dressed!!! (well ok not really presentable for out of doors as no underwear… but perfect for around the house).

Pat xx

1 Like

Don’t feel sad Don. We are what we are and we ain’t what we ain’t…

And as Blossom says you have lovely trips and lovely wife Heather and what would this gang do without you?

Pat xx

aww Don,I remember you saying you stayed in work a lot longer than you should have done, so your work clothes have therefore been with you a lot longer than they deserved. X

Pat, I live in Maxi dresses too; bed time, work, around the house, shopping, lazing on the sofa a quick wash and dry instantly,no ironing,wear with/without underwear, match slippers, sandals, bear feet. if I’m walking out I wear like cycle shorts (sons long swimming shorts) underneath in case I have a fall, perfect for instant dressing no zips, buttons or awkwardness & lightweight to wear, should be called Multi dresses.

Pauline x

2 Likes

I’ve just been reading all the comments and I’m quite impressed. What started out as a lament about the loss of clothing favourites has been a wonderful advice session with loads of tips for clothing that suits different symptoms and I’ve learnt a lot from your suggestions which I think are really helpful. You are all really clever, thank you.

Cath

1 Like

Just to reiterate: try out Able2wear. They have a website.

and when I wrote in my post about an ‘annoyingly cold gal above the waistband’ I wasn’t referring to Mrs Adams!

I meant ‘gap’ which you all realised I’m sure.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Whammel, I agree with Pat, if you haven’t put on weight a nice pair of jeans can look great.

Pat, I am SO with you on the maxi dresses…can’t cope with stuff touching me…you must be mistaken about the princess and the pea syndrome though, not being a medical term because I have it too! Went out the other day…first time since March, I think, felt I should put on “proper” clothes…gosh, awful, couldn’t wait to get home and get back into a maxi.

Pam , have a great time at the seaside, come home safely and tell us all about it.

Don, don’t be sad you make us laugh and we need you. Reading your blogs, especially when you go to a reserve is like virtual going out for me!

Pauline, glad to know Pat and I are not the only ones…have you tried 100% viscose? SO SO comfy.

Blossom, you are right, it’s not what you wear but how you wear it!

last but by no means least…Kev, I was begining to wonder about the gal you keep in your waistband.

love to all, Nina x

1 Like