Forum

thoughts on pip?

Been thinking about applying for pip, I’ve been thinking about it on & off as in not sure I’d qualify. But I’ve been off work for the last couple of weeks (hoping to go back next week) and I’ve needed help getting from a to b & I’ve needed food bought for me. Yes I’m not like this all the time but obviously I do need help from time to time. So im wondering if it’s worth applying for

The PIP descriptors must apply ‘most of the time’ - i.e. more than 50% of the time.

There is a free test you can take online:

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-self-test

1 Like

T

here is nothing to lose go on apply you will probably have a while to wait but it’s worth a try g

I don’t want people to think that I’m a fraud, guess that’s what is holding me back.

Hi min

Try not to waste time worrying abut what other people think. Just do what is right for you.

You are not a fraud and the people in your life that care about you, know that. So apply and find out.

The site mentioned above is excellent and citizens advice also help with applications.

Good luck

Apply, be honest in your application (there’s no issue of fraud then), worst that can happen is they say no (which you can appeal if you feel it’s for invalid reasons) and you waste some of your time. If this happens you can always apply again later when circumstances change. If you’re entitled then the money is meant to go to you, you should claim it, ignore the press demonising benefit claimants, I feel MS suffers should be in the saints section of “Saints and Scroungers” since it has such a devastating effect ob our lives.