This new page

Hello.

Why is there so much space used up on the forum page for other things? So many more posts could fit on one page instead of having to scroll down to a few posts and then having to to go back a page.

On the few occasions I visit this new site the more I loathe it. Sterile and unwelcome.

Steffi

Hi Steffi,

I cliked on accessibility at the bottom of the board and have selected muted contrast.

The background is now a pale bettermilk so less sterile and easier on the eyes.

I find it less sterile,hope this helps,xxjo

Thanks for that tip Jo. HEAPS better!!!

Belinda

Jo you star!!!

Thank you that is less glarified

Thanks for that Jo. But again - the ‘accessability’ link was tiny and unclear. The irony being those who might need to use it may have trouble finding the bloody thing…;-O

Thanks again

Steffi

If you want to get cheeky, be brave and take the bag off your head. You are abusing the anon facility.

Steffi

Hi Steffi

I think you are right - I wish they would remove all the other stuff and just let us use the forum site for messages. I hate having to scroll down and look at all the other stuff too. I think there has definitely been some improvement but this needs to continue to improve. I’m starting to come back onto the site but am still weary of it and hoping for further improvements. I’m still learning to get around the site but miss my Buddies list and my old PM messages and the general friendliness of the old site. I’m hoping it will continue to develop…

:wink: Mary

Agreed. I’m suprised the muted contrast wasn’t set as the default when the site was built.

Coward! though your not totally Anon as admins will be able to see your ip addy and
match it to when you do have the balls to use your login name.

Nothing like a MS person picking on another MS person with a snidey comment.
Your the one who should get a life!

Anyway She has a point and so is the images on home page so huge.
to much eye candy with little content.

This must have been changed as that option gives a bright yellow background with bright blue text.

One day soon they may get this forum/web site working correctly again, but not holding my breath, because if my past experience with computer/software engineers is anything to go by, its just a hit and miss operation.

Take care.

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I know its going to be a bad day when I get out of bed and miss the floor, today is such a day.

We are entitled to complain, software engineers/web designers or what ever title you wish to give them, are extremely well paid, and they are not delivering.

I worked all my working life, as an industrial electrical engineer, getting it wrong was not an option, for obvious reasons.

One day, we may get computer nerds working to the same standard, but I fear that day is a long way off.

Take care.

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I know its going to be a bad day when I get out of bed and miss the floor, today is such a day.

My sentiments exactly Mary. I hope things get better for this forum - I miss the old site/buddy list/PM too!

Steffi xx