Think my 'lucks' run out

Oops…still wish you well x

Thanks ,it means a lot.

J x

Hello Mrs J.

It seems like a bit of a bum start of the year for you (and Cath). Infections are the final straw for people with MS. As if we need more trouble to our poor battered confused bodies. That damned overzealous immune system.

I’m just on the edge of needing a wheelchair most of the time. Coming up I’ve got a birthday do to go to where most of the people there will remember me as using my legs to do things like walk. Of course I’ll be in the chair because it’s so much easier. There will be a variety of reactions of course. I really would like nobody to say a word, but it won’t happen. I hope the presence of my rather lively 3 year old daughter creates a distraction.

Sending big hugs. (((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Steve x

1 Like

Thanks for the hugs Steve,i am sure your little daughter will take the limelight lol.

J x

2 Likes

Oh Cath, I’m so sorry to hear that, I hope the antibiotics help you quickly and you’ll soon be back home.

thinking of you and sending you love and hugs,

Nina xx

Good luck with the birthday do, I hope your lovely little girl takes the limelight for you.

I noticed when I first needed my chair to go out that people actually seemed to find it easier to watch than me lurching, wobbling, getting stuck and or tripping over my own feet! Wheel in as though you own the place and everyone will take it in their stride!

Let us know how it goes,

Nina x

1 Like

Thanks Everyone for your well wishes. I got home yesterday afternoon and slept for 13 hours straight (14 if you count the hour I dozed on the sofa before my daughter sent me to bed).

I had a bout of pyelonephritis which was neither fun or painless. A+E was a nightmare with people waiting for 9 hours, ambulances waiting outside for 3-4 hours with patients as there are no beds in the whole north west of England. I was in so much pain I just begged for something to kill the pain and a prescription for antibiotics and I’d happily have gone home but they took a look at me and before I knew what was happening I had an IV running with fluids and antibiotics and they magically found me a bed.

I get so angry as our hospital is in the news regularly with horrid reviews and I can’t fault the care either I or any member of my family have received there. My dad nearly died but they got him dx and he’s still with us. You never hear the good reviews so I’m going to write to them and hopefully someone will read my view as well.

I hope the rest of you are feeling a bit better. I’ve been told I need to take it very easy as my bloods are still rubbish. A question for you all - my CRP (a blood test measuring level of infection) continued rising even though I felt better and antibiotics were working. Have you ever experienced this, and why did they say it happened? My doctor wasn’t sure.

Take care

Cath xx

Hi Cath, pleased you are back home now,please take it easy,and rest,rest and rest some more.

was it caused by a urine infection?

J x

Hi J. Hope you’re feeling better. Has your infection cleared yet? I’ve had quinsy once and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Will they take your tonsils out? They didn’t take mine, I’ve had throat infections since but I’ve been fortunate not to have had tonsils or worse. Let’s hope you’re as lucky.

I developed a uti over New Year but didn’t think it was bad eggnog to bother the after hours doctor. I just took Paracetamol and drank LOADS. Unfortunately by Monday when I saw the gp it had already spread to my kidneys. I don’t be so stupid again!! Sometimes I think I’m too stubborn for my own good. I’ve learned an important lesson though, and won’t be so silly again. Did you leave it for a bit long or did you see the doctor immediately?

Take care and I hope your symptoms settle down soon.

Cath xx

Please excuse my spellchecker, I’m really wobbly yet so it’s “helping”. X