Things to do during the day

Hi all,

I was wondering what things any of you do during the day when you are more or less housebound.

Do you belong to an organisation that maybe take you out weekly. I am looking for things my hubby could maybe think about doing while I am at work. We are in the London area so will enquire locally but ideas are also good.

Thanks

Caz

hi i live in scotland and there is an organisation of volunteer services, have you tried googling to see if there is anything in your area, also I volunteer in the CAB and we have a few phone numbers for folks so maybe your CAB might be able to help

Hi Trish,

Thankyou for replying but I meant as a day trip not to work as he is not able to work or do any voluntary work. He has tremors in his hands.

What he needs is just for someone to maybe take him out to get some fresh air or likewise.

Thanks

Caz

l have a friend with a severe type of Parkinson’s - she is only about 50 - but she does have help from Age UK - and other similar organisations - Although her hubby is at home full-time - he says its good for her to have ‘different faces’ around her and she also goes to day-clubs etc and has made friends outside the house. ls there a Rotary/Lions etc near you -with perhaps men who could come and either sit with him or take him out. Obviously, he would not want to be stuck with a lot of elderly folk - although they can be just as entertaining as younger folk. Do hope you find some help - it would give you some peace of mind when you are at work.

F.

Hi, is there a local MS society near you, I’m in Huddersfeild and we have one that organises things, trips, coffee morning, in fact this week there is a barge trip, and another one in August, we started that last year and it’s been a great success, shopping outings, so it might be worth looking into that, I’m a support volunteer for ours, I don’t have to do much, but it just means I’m with other people, good luck, Jean x

Hi, google your local ms society, ours has a befriending service where someone will visit you fr a chat once a week. Julsiexx

[quote=cazuk]

Hi all,

I was wondering what things any of you do during the day when you are more or less housebound.

Do you belong to an organisation that maybe take you out weekly. I am looking for things my hubby could maybe think about doing while I am at work. We are in the London area so will enquire locally but ideas are also good.

Thanks

Caz

What about your local MS group?

luv Pollx