The Theory of Everything

Has anyone seen the new Stephen Hawking film? I saw it yesterday. Absolutely marvellous! What a brilliant mind he has. I have always wondered how come he is still alive, so long after a motor neurone diagnosis?

Turns out he has atypical MND.

Eddie Redmayne, who plays Stephen does superb job and deserves those award nominations.

I did shed a few tears, as I recalled initial symptoms of my own, as he battled mobility issues.

Yeh, go see the film for yourselves guys!

Pollx

I saw it on Monday and shed tears almost all the way through it! I know MND is different from MS but as you say it was still the same emotions as strange things start to happen.

I’m really glad I saw it but I recommend you take a load of tissues with you!

Sarah x

pol

ok-i will!

ellie

i would love to see it, how long does it last

It was just over 2 hours.

Hi all,

I saw it last weekend with my 20 year old daughter and a group of friends and their children.

Fantastic film and Eddie Redmayne was amazing, he deserves an Oscar for his performance.

Strangely I didn’t cry even though I saw some of the similarities between my initial MS symptoms and his, it was hard to watch his deterioration. On the plus side I knew he didn’t die!

As I was watching I started to wonder what my friends were thinking and hoped they weren’t upset as I was watching it.

Went for a meal after and discussed it. He’s been married 3 times, which is lovely.

Go and see it, a film that you will think about for a very long time.

Jen xx

ah well , will have to wait until it comes out on dvd as i can sit for 2 hours , thanks for getting back

l thought with Motor Neurone disease - life expectancy was very short. l had a couple of friends who died of it - only 2yrs after diagnosis. There must be different types of MND.

lt sounds like a really good film. l did read that Stephen was very happy with the way he is portrayed. Now who would any of you like to be YOU - if a film was made of your life?

l would like Meryl Streep. [ or Julie Walters - as l have often done the ‘two soups’ for a laugh - as l walk very much like that character. Not the Nora Batty stockings though.]

Eddie the Eagle,no Eddie Izzard,but dunno if he’d do it when the title’ll be,‘Half man half wheelbarrow’.

Wb

It would have to be someone as daft as me!

hiya

i am going to see annie today at wee local cinema and will be asking when they plan to show this-thanks for the heads up pol.

ellie x

How’s this for irony?

[quote=“whammel”]

How’s this for irony?

[/quote] yeh, as you say, how ironic! Incredible in this day and age!

Pollx

i finally went on my own this afternoon.

matinee shows are mainly pensioners and, of course, me!!

i had 3 small steps to the front row of the block were my seat was.

my pesky bladder starting to call to me in a most urgent tone of voice so i got up and wobbled down the steps, feeling most unsafe.

it was strange to watch someone fall flat on his face as i have done so many times.

eddie redmayne was fab and the way he had his feet turned out was much like a few ms friends do.

i was glad that my husband didnt come with me because i felt that it was personal to me.

hey but i didnt cry although i had plenty of tissues!

carole x

saw it yest poll-brill film!

ellie x