Thatcher is dead!

I for one won’t be shedding a single tear.

The only unfortunate thing about it is that DLA and benefit cuts were due to make big news today… her death has stolen that thunder.

Ok folk… your comments?

Pat x

Best bit of news I have ever had. There will be quite a few coal miners waiting for her . She brought this country to its knees, We’re now paying thousands of pounds over the odds to import coal from Russia and China. I know because my husband works in the ports and sees the ships coming in twice a week. Trust a Tory to take away the news on DLA benefit cuts.

Hi Pat

I don’t like to think of anyone passing away but all I remember of her reign as Prime Minister is our family home being repossessed in 1991 as my husband was put on a 3 day week and then being made redundant the interest rates going up on a daily basis. We were then forced into bankruptcy.

I don’t like to think that I come across as hardhearted as I am not but lots of bad memories stop my family from being too upset.

Sorry if this sounds hard.

Shazzie xx

Not at all Shazzie.

I remember only too well how she smashed the miners, the steel workers, the printers… etc etc etc. She set out to smash the working class and in many ways she succeeded.

Pat x

“Ding, dong the witch is dead” comes to mind.

Just got back from hospital, feeling pants turn on the news and…

HAPPY DAYS!!!

Sorry to offend if i have ,

Darren

haha love your reply darren

offend me you dont yoda

x

Darren, you have beaten me to it (Ding Dong …).

I have long held the view that she was the worst disaster to ever happen to this country (not even Blair, Brown etc were as bad).

But, I can look on the bright side. If I had not been Thatchered a couple of times in the early 80s, I would not have gone back to studying, gone to 2 Universities, and would still have been plain Geoff. Of course, I did this when you got a grant to go, not just a great big debt hung round your neck.

Geoff

I took this quote from the Guardian and needless to say, I agree with every word.

Most Labour politicians are being respectful today in their comments on Lady Thatcher’s death. But Ken Livingstone, who was the Labour leader of the Greater London Council when the Thatcher government abolished it and subsequently mayor of London, told Sky News that she was to blame for many of the problems facing Britain today.

She created today’s housing crisis. She created the banking crisis. And she created the benefits crisis. It was her government that started putting people on incapacity benefit rather than register them as unemployed because the Britain she inherited was broadly full employment. She decided when she wrote off our manufacturing industry that she could live with two or three million unemployed, and the benefits bill, the legacy of that, we are struggling with today. In actual fact, every real problem we face today is the legacy of the fact that she was fundamentally wrong.

good day, it’s never a happy time when we hear of a death, but in this occasion it’s different, this country would not be in the sticky mess it’s in now, if not for her policies in the 80s, the me,me, me’s and the have now pay later, much is made of the Labour government selling the gold, but no-one batted a eyelid when she sold off the British Rail etc, closed the mining industry, cut down on the steel industry, the end of free milk for schoolkids, WHY must we give her a state funeral now, she never took it up before, this is one benefit this tory government MUST save on, brian

Margaret Thatcher…she wanted to be cremated but we’ve no coal left !

Pat x

Hehehehe!!

Shazzie xx

Sod it. I disagree fundamentally with all of you.

But as a card carrying member of the Conservative Party, I would state that. I did actually shed a tear of sadness rather than joy earlier on today. There are many other thousands like me, some of whom may suffer with MS btw.

There: thought a bit of balance was in order.

Am now prepared to be the forum whipping boy. Kind of expect implicit smirks and rolling eyes every time I post something.

Hey ho. I’ve never been one to follow the crowd anyways.

Thatcher lovers look away now.

Thatcher’s been in Hell for 20 minutes and already shut 3 furnaces.

David Cameron has just sent his official letter to the Thatcher residence.
It starts “I regret to inform you that due to recent events you now have too many bedrooms…”

I’ve just seen the plans for Margaret Thatcher’s grave.
It looks beautiful, but I think they should have made the dancefloor bigger…

Actually I personally feel the only huge mistakes Maggie made was allowing people to buy their council houses thus creating a shortage of council houses for the future and the poll tax was not administered properly or fairly. BUT I remember the awful mess James Callaghan made when he was prime minister. I remember the winter of discontent, The TUC was holding Callaghan to ransom. Everbody was going on strike, the Ford workers, the tanker,lorry and train drivers, no rubbish collections for weeks, nhs workers also striked. He succumbed to the union demands and people got massive pay rises, completley out of proportion. Maggie took on the unions and won… I am not against unions as sometimes they can be helpful but Arthur Scargill, for instance, was calling illegal strikes here there and everywhere for the minors, he didn’t even let the minors have a proper ballot on whether to strike or not. That’s just my opinion as everybody is entitled to one.

Fantastic , Couldn’t have put it better myself, Thank you

When I posted Fantastic it was ment for Whammels post not Fudgey37.

Meant "miners " not " minors " Oops

I gathered that Charlie b

I feel so mean, but she ruined alot of my family’s life.

Can’t stop grinning