Thatcher is dead!

Hope you can see this - sums up what so many of us thought of her Elvis Costello - Tramp the Dirt Down - YouTube

A state funeral? How many of the 96 received a state funeral? Encouraging unemployed people to take Incapacity Benefit was licence for abuse and one of the main reasons why we are treated with suspicion or contempt. She used ignorance as a weapon to pitch factions against each other. She caused poverty and humiliation for my parents.

Funny. There a millions who love her, the world over. They tend to be happy and successful people.

Sorry but I’m sure Maggie Thatcher is not having a state funeral or have the powers that be changed their minds???

This just came through on facebook… " I simply can’t believe Margaret Thatcher is dead, it was only a week ago that ATOS passed her as fit for work "… I shouldn’t really think that was amusing but I did…Sorry

Surprised by most of the comments so far. She got to the top by sheer hard work, moral courage and a desire to make Britain great again…and by marrying a millionaire!!!

was this woman a war criminal? by the sounds of things it sounds like ppl go on like she was. id say caMORON and his cronies are a hell of alot worse. i know ill probably get backlash for my opinion but hey

No backlash from me…

Absolutely the best news:-) RIP not!!!

Take her body to Wales. They love a good fire in the valleys where she put thousands out of work and shut down whole communities.

The Poll Tax (i am Scottish) was hideously disgusting!!..to implement this in Scotland before the rest of the uk was a disgrace I was only a teenager at the time and had just started in employment so to pay £200 a year was awful and not to mention the miners, the steelworks, inflated interest rates the list is endless!..she tried to strip our assets nasty woman!! :frowning:

before she come to power were i lived we had a thriving comunity. the steel works, pits and other close by factorys were many men got a living from.

she closed down the steel works, pits and factorys. she ripped our villages apart and today they have never recoverd.

ill never forget that.

sad for her family that she has passed.

So Lady Thatcher has passed away. She definitely divides opinion and she certainly did good and bad for this country, but nobody deserves the sick comments being posted. Folk should also remember she is a Mother and a Grandmother and a whole family are mourning today which is never nice.

Listen to Elvis Costello ‘Tramp the dirt down;’ says it all really http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BZIWSI5UQ

George

My avatar is me handcuffed to the railings outside 10 Downing Street; Thatcher was PM and I was in my rebellious era. In those days you could smuggle through the gates handcuffs; not now though too much security.

Needless to say my protestations fell on deaf ears; still it was a laff.

George

Nice to see Gerry Adams on TV slagging Thatcher off, whilst his cronies bombed and murdered many working class people over here in Northern Ireland and the mainland. Anyway that aside, Thatcher has certainly raised many opinions on here… wasn’t a fan to be honest…

For anyone who’s interested in anti-Thatcher songs (it’s amazing how many there were - or maybe not), the Daily Beast has done a collection. It’s here

They obviously haven’t got all the good ones however because they missed out ‘Stand Down Margaret’ by the Beat.

It was the best news in 30 years. I’ll never forgive her for what she did during her ‘reign’, and I’m thoroughly glad she’s gone (long awaited, too). Bye bye, maggie!

I have to say that I am appalled by the venom on the board with regard to the late Margaret Thatcher. I agree with all who said that she did good and bad whilst in office. I can understand the anger of people who were affected by her policies but the hate that is coming accross saddens me. As I write there are groups of people in cities across the country out on the streets cheering her death. My heart goes out to her family as they have feelings too. This is just my opinion.

Mary

Hi Mo, was begining to think it was me being over sensitive, its absolutely disgusting and im astonished that the moderators are allowing all this hatred and total disrespect.

This is an MS Forum and it is becoming more and more like Facebook

kim