TEGRETOL

Hi you lovely lot, hope you’re all doing ok?

I’ve not been on much of late as I’ve not been in a good way :frowning:

They want to try me on ‘Tegretol’ and tbh I know nothing about it so I’d appreciate your advice/input on it.

Many Thanks.

Twinkle Toes x

Sorry Twinkle I don’t know anything either. I’m sure someone will and I hope that it works for you. I hope you feel better soon, we all miss you when your poorly. Michelle and Frazer xc

1 Like

Hi Twinkle toes the only information I can give you about Tegretol is that it was prescribed for a family member for epilepsy but had to be stopped as it made them very drowsy. Everyone acts differently to medication so maybe it will help you. Why not google drug for more info or speak to your ms nurse. Hope you feel better soon. Sue.

1 Like

Hi Michelle (& Frazer),

Aww, thank-you for your lovely message. I’m feeling much, much better than I was thank-fully :slight_smile:

It all started off with a bit of toothache which resulted in me suffering from Facial Neuralgia.

I got an infection underneath the tooth causing me ear/eye/jaw/neck/head ache and my muscles had gone into spasms (all in the left side of my face) I was put on antibiotics but an abscess had formed too. The pain was unbearable, I was climbing the walls with it all so in the end they took the tooth out but that actually made the pain worse and as I was already taking all my pain relief that I could (sometimes too close together) that in the end I contacted my MS Nurse which is who wanted to put me on the Tegretol and diagnosed Facial Neuralgia.

Anyway due the the time lapsing between speaking to my MS Nurse and my Doctors being contacted to arrange it all and it being sorted out etc that eventually I have managed to get through it by myself, probably the fact that I’d exhausted myself so much that I managed to start sleeping through it all :slight_smile:

Hope you’re ok Michelle?

Twinkle Toes xx

Hi Sue,

Thank-you, I’m much, much better now as I said to Michelle above.

That worried me a bit though reading that it was prescribed for one of your family members for Epilepsy :-/ but as you say everybody reacts to medication differently.

Tbh I try not to Google things as I remember Ssssue making reference about doing this on a previous thread and she always gives good advice to members, so I’m taking heed lol

Hope you’re doing ok :slight_smile:

Twinkle Toes xx

Hi Twinkle toes, so pleased you are feeling better. The only things I google are drugs as I find this can be really useful.

I have been finding the hot weather really difficult and have had two falls recently resulting in a badly bruised hand and a chipped bone in finger. The annoying thing is that I have to keep two fingers strapped together for six weeks and this is the hand I use for my walking stick. My neuro physiotherapist was not impressed either as he is supposed to be helping me to improve walking!

Sue xx

Hi Sue,

I’ve done that a few times before, googling drugs and medication but I worried myself silly about them so I avoid doing it now.

Sorry to hear about your falls and your hand being badly brusied and your finger bone being chipped, that’s not good. I bet that it is annoying especially about having to have you fingers strapped together for six weeks and with it being the hand you use for your walking stick.

I use a walking stick as my main means of being mobile and would be lost without it so I can imagine what you’re going through. Would one of the walkers/frames be of any use to you as a temporary measure?

I bet your neuro physiotherapist wasn’t impressed but it’s not your fault, you didn’t do it on purpose and unfortunately these things happen, more so to us. Did he/she not come up with any suggestions for you, I hope so.

Hope you’ll be ok :slight_smile:

Twinkle Toes xx