TEGRETOL

Hi you lovely lot, hope you’re all doing ok?

I’ve not been on much of late as I’ve not been in a good way :frowning:

They want to try me on ‘Tegretol’ and tbh I know nothing about it so I’d appreciate your advice/input on it.

Many Thanks.

Twinkle Toes x

(I’ve also posted this thread over in PPMS as well doubling the exposure to gain some info)

Hi

I’ve been on it for a year or so now. Prescribed by my neuro consult to prevent ‘absence seizures’ after one resulted in several broken ribs !! Works a treat for me and has had no noticeable side effects at all.

1 Like

Was on it for many many years for epilepsy. Its mainly used as a n anti-convulsant.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve just been started on it for neuro pain & haven’t noticed any difference yet, but my Rehab. Consult has advised to take it for 2 months to give it a chance, so I’ll wait and see.

Good luck

1 Like

Hi elvelero,

Thank-you for your reply.

I’ve been prescribed it for Facial Neuralgia by my MS Nurse but I haven’t actually got it yet due to the delay in correspondence between my MS Nurse and the Doctors. So I’ve had to get through things the best I can with the pain relief I’m already taking and it’s been difficult but I’m getting there and I’m feeling much better than I was previously so I don’t know whether I will still need to take it when I get it!

I hope it works for you and please do let me know how you get on with things.

Twinkle Toes x

Hi reddivine,

Thank-you for your input, it was for Facial Neuralgia that I’ve been prescribed it but I haven’t actually got it yet due to the delay in correspondence between my MS Nurse and the Doctors :-/

Twinkle Toes x

Hi Mrs H,

I’ve been prescribed it for Facial Neuralgia by my MS Nurse.

Sorry to hear about you ending up with broken ribs but that’s good that you’ve now been on it this length of time with no problems and it’s working for you, that’s reassuring to hear, thank-you.

Twinkle Toes x

1 Like