Taking medications abroad

Iā€™m going to Turkey soon, does anyone know if I need any paperwork to take my Tecfidera, Amitriptyline, and a couple of other drugs into the country ? Thank you for any responses. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi there, cant speak for Turkey, but certainly for Spain & USA ive just had my holiday supply of Tecfidera in my hand luggage with no issues at all.

1 Like

I have never had any problems taking medication including Tecfidera and Amitrptiline abroad or when I used injectables either. Just take in original boxes with your name on and maybe a copy of your prescription. Take in your hand luggage too.

2 Likes

Hi @Wendy-Anne and welcome to a friendly space of like minded people. This is a really good question. I know that some countries have rules around strong painkillers, I think you can check on the government website. Also, worth checking with your doctor, it might be at the very least you will need a letter from the doctor to state that the medications are for you.
Keep us informed, hopefully in the meantime other posters will come back on this,

Just come back from Tenerife.
I take all my meds with me and a recent prescription, I also throw in my MS letter that shows my diagnosis (just in case).

1 Like

Tenerife, jealous. I bet the weather was better than here, wet, wet, wet :rofl:.

Thanks everyone xx

1 Like