Symptoms Newbie

•Warning this is a long post.
•I have to admit being ignorant about MS, So why am I here? Every time I google my symptoms I end up here! I’ve tried to ignore it thinking no it’s got to be something simple but I’m getting no where with my GP.
•Ok so today was enough for me but I’ll start at the beginning.
•About three years ago my symptoms first started, Constipation… not just mild but serious painful prolonged constipation. A tingling in my feet and hands like pins and needles… It turned out my folic acid, Vit C and Vit D where seriously low. So I was given one jab of B12 and was told my constipation was “psychological” the low blood count was put down to a gastric bypass I had in Jan 2009. Seemed theasible about the bloods because Vit deficiencies can be a result of gastric bypass. But the constipation being psychological I didn’t get. The symptoms persisted and over the year I just felt very poorly (who wouldn’t emptying their bowels ones every 2 months) My constipation was not treated and I was suffering using dulcalax to help me go. Very painful!
•I developed fatigue and I put this down to the constipation. the fatigue is very bad so bad now my life is restricted.
•My psychiatrist didn’t agree also that the constipation was psychological and even tried to get an appointment with my GP and me all three of us because he knew I was becoming distressed at the symptoms. The tingling in my hand and feet where still present but more blood tests showed “normal levels” so nothing was done. (I don’t know what the lever where, I never thought to ask I trusted them)
•So this all started about three years ago. Approximately 18 months ago I developed this pain in my left chest wall not my boob but behind the boob on the chest wall. It came and went, and it persisted… I also developed this constant twitching in my eye but that has since gone. But I’d say for the past 8 months the pain has increased it sort of is constant but flairs up and peaks. it’s lasting longer and the days where it’s not so bad are few and far between.
•I have recently moved house and a new GP did some more blood tests and they resulted in raised ESR levels.
•I was sent to a mammogram and had a biopsy that resulted in a cyst but no treatment needed. (I’ve always had lumpy boobs and I kept telling them the pain is more my chest, arm and shoulder than my boob but needless to say they went with the exploratory mammogram and biopsy.
•A few weeks ago I saw a rheumatologist and she diagnosed me with “big breastedness” I have osteoarthritis in my right knee have done for about 10 years or more but that’s never been treated so she referred me to physiotherapy.
•I went along today to the physiotherapist and told them what’s going on about the pain and they she said “could it be anxiety”
•I just felt so offended, The numerous times I’ve been told it’s anxiety and I know in my heart it’s not. I do suffer from anxiety and I know anxiety stress pain and real pain.
•On a daily basis these are my symptoms.
•- Constipation (three years now)
•- Fatigue (can’t even sit up sometimes to eat, so weak when I stand up I just feel like the blood is draining from me as I may pass out, Dizziness and just general weakness.
•- I struggle with my balance! I fall over! Could be easily put down to my dodgy knee!
•- Speech, I get my words all dysfunctional and muddled up. I say the wrong word for items like Volcano instead of Lucosade It’s like my mind just can’t be bothered to even think so just spurts anything out.
•- Tingling numb pain in my hands and feet, a burning pain like frostbite
•- Pain in my left side of my chest wall, down my left arm, around my shoulder. Feels like a pressure pain like when you have a blood pressure machine on at it’s tightest. Really very painful.
•- Burning redness… I get these red patches in my left shoulder and on the left side of my face around my eyes and my lips tingling
•I’m just so fed up of living in pain, people who don’t know me think I’m drunk because of my slurred speech and how unbalanced I am on my feet. Fed of being fobbed off that all them symptoms are “anxiety”
•I don’t know how to handle it, I’m going to see my GP on Friday… I want this sorted. I’m thinking of writing a letter of all my symptoms and asking it to be put in my medical notes because the symptoms are developing and I just want my back covered.

Do any of you recognise what I’m experiencing in terms of sumptoms is it worth persuing asking for a MRI referral.
•PS sorry about the poor spelling I can’t think straight today…

Hello Mrs C You poor thing - it sounds like you’re in a bad way. Some of your symptoms do sound similar to those of ms but there could also be a number of other things causing them so I would definitely push for further tests, especially as you seem to be in such distress. I have no medical background whatsoever but have you ever been tested for lupus or similar? The only reason I ask is because a friend of mine suffers from it and we have a number of symptoms in common, such as fatigue, but she also has rashes. She experiences pain in her hands more than pins and needles. I hope you get some answers. You certainly seem to be suffering from a number of symptoms so it may take a while to make a diagnosis. In the meantime please try to be as calm as you can. Stress does make any symptoms worse so if you can reduce your anxiety levels then you’ll be able to explain your underlying symptoms more easily with your Dr on Friday. Good Luck and keep us posted as to how you get on Jane xx

Never been tested for anothing, Always been blamed on anxiety! like my anxiety has a mind of its own and keps chuking sneaky symptoms at me to catch me out!

I do suffer with anxiety and I know when I feel anxious. I wouldn’t dream of going to my Dr’s with anxiety symptoms.

Off to dr’s now to get this out in the open.

Never been tested for anothing, Always been blamed on anxiety! like my anxiety has a mind of its own and keps chuking sneaky symptoms at me to catch me out!

I do suffer with anxiety and I know when I feel anxious. I wouldn’t dream of going to my Dr’s with anxiety symptoms.

Off to dr’s now to get this out in the open.

How did it go at the doctors Mrs C?