support for Sonia (nindancer)

Hi all.

Can you pet lovers amongst us, please give your support to Sonia, as she lost her cat yesterday.

Our Lucy is going on 15 now and I dread the day…

Hope you have good memories of your feline friend, Sonia. Treasure them.

luv Pollx

Oh Sonia

I am so sorry to hear about your cat. You must feel really lost today.

We lost Kia, one of our cats last year. He was 19 and I still miss him loads. We still have Dee, his sister, who is 21 so I know the dreaded time is going to come soon.

I will be thinking of you Sonia and it will take a time for you to start feeling a little bit better as they are our little babies, aren’t they?

(((((hugs)))))

Shazzie xxx

Thanks Poll for letting us know xxx

So sory you have lost your fur baby Sonia. You must feel dreadful. Sending positive thoughts and vibes as you go through the grieving process. Lots of love xx

Sorry to hear of your loss Sonia, pets are such a great comfort, I feel for you at such a sad time.

Wendy x

Just to repeat my previous comment Sonia, it is perfectly normal to grieve for a pet. They are part of our family and we love them just as much. In some cases even more because they love us unconditionally.

Lots of hugs hun til you don’t feel quite so sad

JellyBellyKelly xx

Hi sonia

I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss, my thoughts are with at this time.

Pam x

hi sonia

only another cat owner could understand.

i do understand and i hope that you have loads of nice memories to get you through.

a few days ago i dreamt about all the cats i have had.

4 of them have died before they reached old age and i woke up cuddling our ancient cat (20 in human years) and crying.

i’m dreading it being her time to go too.

take care, have a big box of tissues and let it all out.

carole xxxx

Hi Sonia,

Sorry to hear about your wee cat. I can feel your pain.

Moyna xxx

Hi Sonia So sorry to hear about your cat. Hope to see you at a future MSQUARED social event cin Reading some time soon. Take care Hilary x

l still grieve for animals that l had years ago - the feeling never goes. Some lived to amazing old age - some l only had a short time - but you still feel that a part of you is missing. l have had cats live until their 20’s - and dogs - well the oldest was a collie 19 - then a LhasaApso 17. My old lrish Draught horse l had from a youngster until his was 41. Now we have my daughters new forest pony who is 43. Some days he looks as if he can hardly walk - then the next day he will be galloping around the paddock out racing the youngster - head and tail in the air - looking like the old Lloyds Bank stallion. We just hope that that will be the way he eventually goes - racing the wind. Hate the thought of having to make the decision to get the vet out. A couple of years ago l took on a rescue rottie - thought to be about 7yrs old. He was rescued from a dog pound in lreland - just a bag of bones. He had been tied by a chain around his neck in a scrap yard. He turned out to be the most handsome and wonderful natured dog l have ever owned - and l have had so many lovely dogs. He was frightened to come indoors to begin with - and cowered when anyone approached him. From weighing 17kgs - he eventually reached 40kg. A gentle giant who just loved life and everyone. l only had him 18months when he started limping - after lots of xrays and tests it turned out to be bone-cancer and l had to make the decision to have him put down when it was obvious how much pain he was in.But that 18months - l shall never forget - lt was a priviledge to own him- an absolute honour. Within a month l took on my latest boy - another rescue rott - and he spent the first year of his life in a shed - never went out and another skeleton. But he has turned out to be a joy. Never say never again - when you lose a much loved pet. Put that love into another deserving soul.

Sonia Sorry for your loss Gray xxx

So sorry Sonia about your loss, my wife and I lost our cat Amy three years ago she was 20 my wife is still not over it and goes to chat to her every day (she is buried in our garden). We have three other cats Dave a feral cat we took in, Garfield a ginger tom who we found in a very poor state and JoJo our little girl who is around 18 we think who we found on the road with her leg broken. Our cats make our home so I know just how you are feeling. The pain will lessen, and then you can think of the good times and smile. Pets give you so much and I must admit I was a dog person but my wife has changed me and now I would never imagine my home without a cat. Hope you can smile soon love Mark x

Aw, so sad. Sorry to hear about your loss Sonia (and those of you who have also lost your lovely pets recently). Hugs. x

Aw, thanks everyone, I really appreciate all your lovely comments.

It was my decision and I guess that’s why it feels so rotten :frowning:

I spoke to the Cat Protection league months ago and they said she was too old to rehome, so it was ineviable what would happen eventually.

I should have done it weeks ago as she was getting stressed and pulling out her fur, having occasional incontinence etc. I think between her losing the plot and me getting more and more accident prone, it was all getting a bit stressy for all of us - there was always a reason not to do it though. I’m glad I braved it as I know it was the right thing but I have been really tearful today.

Thanks again all, appreciate your kindness, at least I won’t feel guilty for kicking her all the time now

Sonia xx

Hoping me and Rob will come out for the curry in December.

Thanks x

Hi Wendy, just peeked at your profile…what`s this about deseased dogs? Tell me more!

luv Pollx

Innit lovely how we all jump to support a member here? It isnt all about MS and illness, is it?

Hope each day the pain of your loss eases.

Our toy poodle is 15 next year. She is wittering for food all the time, if she`s not sleeping.

And she is weeing in the house more, even when she`s just been out.

luv Pollx

Yep, Minnie was only doing drips but you know how cats are, they always try to be clean and she would suddenly jump up and try to bury it… or in others words. claw my sofa to death sigh

We will start washing sofa covers and the like at the weekend.

Thanks for starting this thread Poll, I was feeling really wretched yesterday so I really do appreciate all the kind comments :slight_smile:

Hopefully today I will spend a little less time hiding behind my computer and get on my feet a bit today. My legs were mega uncooperative yesterday from sitting still for too long, I even fell over trying to put some crockery away last night, not even that low a cupboard so I didn’t have to bend THAT much.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

Sonia xXx

Yep, Minnie was only doing drips but you know how cats are, they always try to be clean and she would suddenly jump up and try to bury it… or in others words. claw my sofa to death sigh

We will start washing sofa covers and the like at the weekend.

Thanks for starting this thread Poll, I was feeling really wretched yesterday so I really do appreciate all the kind comments :slight_smile:

Hopefully today I will spend a little less time hiding behind my computer and get on my feet a bit today. My legs were mega uncooperative yesterday from sitting still for too long, I even fell over trying to put some crockery away last night, not even that low a cupboard so I didn’t have to bend THAT much.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

Sonia xXx

Hi Sonia, glad we were able to ease the pain…even if just a tad.

luv Pollx