Summer Solstice

Well it’s here, the Summer Solweather

The longest day and it’s back to winter, with the nights drawing in.

Mind you we do have some nice weather in September.

Don’t mean to sound depressive, just thought it would be fun to remind everyone.

Product of an idol mind.

Ronin.

Yes, Stonehenge will be busy today :slight_smile:

lol… i get told off for reminding my family,that the nights will be drawing in after today… they just roll their eyes and say thanks for telling us…

j x

Yes mrsj, I was just rolling my eyes :slight_smile: X

I love it when the nights draw in, I find it depressing to go to bed when it’s light and wake up at daft o’clock in the morning to broad daylight…I know! I know! I should get blackout curtains. Having said that there is plenty of reasons to like the light nights too. Have a nice…Long…day everyone :slight_smile: Jan x

Ronin,

Had message from my daughter at 12.01am. ‘‘Guess where l am Mum - Stonehenge!’’ - We live in Worcs. So a bit of a journey. She has just rang to say she is back home and is going for a ‘power nap’ - She wants me to go with her this afternoon to look at a car she is thinking of buying. She needs a 4x4 to tow her caravan to Glastonbury next week!! Her old Diahatsu was badly damaged by yobs trying to steal it. lts 15yrs old - apparantly worth more in parts for export. ls nothing safe anymore.

[quote=“Janhhh”] I love it when the nights draw in, I find it depressing to go to bed when it’s light and wake up at daft o’clock in the morning to broad daylight…I know! I know! I should get blackout curtains. Having said that there is plenty of reasons to like the light nights too. Have a nice…Long…day everyone :slight_smile: Jan x [/quote] Yes I know what you mean. Used to be a task getting the kids in and to bed with light nights. Still there grown up now !

funnily enough ladies I was rolling my eyes too!

Freckles x

I often think my liking dark nights go back to my son being small, it seems so mean sending them to bed when it’s light. I now have a Granddaughter who sleeps on a Saturday night and I’m back to feeling a meanie wanting her to go to bed when it’s light. To be honest I let her go when she wants one night a week won’t spoil her. Jan

[quote=“spacejacket”]

Ronin,

Had message from my daughter at 12.01am. ‘‘Guess where l am Mum - Stonehenge!’’ - We live in Worcs. So a bit of a journey. She has just rang to say she is back home and is going for a ‘power nap’ - She wants me to go with her this afternoon to look at a car she is thinking of buying. She needs a 4x4 to tow her caravan to Glastonbury next week!! Her old Diahatsu was badly damaged by yobs trying to steal it. lts 15yrs old - apparantly worth more in parts for export. ls nothing safe anymore.

[/quote] I had a MSG from my mate asking if I had been dancing around Hartshead Pike naked at first light.

Told him I didn’t dirty that Basque he lent me.

He probably saw a pig doing a iig

Ronin

[quote=“Blossom”] Yes mrsj, I was just rolling my eyes :slight_smile: X [/quote] Morning Blossom hope you are well this fine morning.

Ronin

Wonderful Ronin Just finished laughing at your previous message…very funny :slight_smile: X

A good post with interesting replies!

I go to bed at 6 most nights, and my hubby closes the doors, and wants to close my backout curtains too! I protest loudly!

pollx

I hate the dark evenings. I still want to go out but I get some right old funny looks when I’m out in my wheelchair in the dark. The disabled shouldn’t be out when the street lamps are on doncha know.

Well my daughters ‘night under the stars’ at Stonehenge was quite an experience. She said she has never seen so much ‘hard drug’ taking - so openly - and no police around to stop them. Apparently, Ketamine - the horse tranquiliser is still a favourite. They ‘snort’ it up off the brim of wax Barbour Hats. Thats posh!

When l was a child - we would often go to Stonehenge for a picnic - give the dogs a run. We could clamber about all over the stones. Now it is fenced off and only open to the public on the summer solstice. Some of granny’s fruit cake - and dandilion and burdock was the headiest thing we ever had